UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righty i have been going to the gym for around a year now and over the past couple of months i have really feel in love with it :) does help also when my wife is just a keen, anyhow i have lost a little weight and have noticed some changes in strength and body shape :) so i just wanted to know if it is best to lose a little more weight before i start on the pro shakes and green tea tablets???

Any advice or guildance will be very appreciated :thumb:

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
keep an eye on your diet and keep on going to the gym that should do. It is natural that when you see your body changes you just want more and more but don't start with tablets and so on at the end of the day is healthy living what we going to the gym is all about.

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
akalatengo said:
keep an eye on your diet and keep on going to the gym that should do. It is natural that when you see your body changes you just want more and more but don't start with tablets and so on at the end of the day is healthy living what we going to the gym is all about.
Thanks very much :)

·
Getting HUGE!
2,771 Posts
what are your goals....? To be honest there is enjoying the gym and then there is using the gym to hit a goal.

If your a large guy looking to lose weight I personally wouldn't bother with the tabs, maybe have a real green tea or 2 a day instead if that's what you want to do. Make sure the diet is clean is the main thing though and that your excersise routine is spot on.

If your a smaller guy wanting to put on lean muscle again its diet, routine and rest. Just have to tailor it to your goals.

·
Newbie Trainer
16 Posts
Evans1980 said:
Righty i have been going to the gym for around a year now and over the past couple of months i have really feel in love with it :) does help also when my wife is just a keen, anyhow i have lost a little weight and have noticed some changes in strength and body shape :) so i just wanted to know if it is best to lose a little more weight before i start on the pro shakes and green tea tablets???

Any advice or guildance will be very appreciated :thumb:
Don't worry about losing weight.

Eat regularly and healthily and never let yourself go hungry.

Protein shakes help you put on muscle and muscle increases your metabolism and makes you burn more fat.

There is a good one called USN - IGF1. It's low carbohydrate so not likely to make you fat. It also contains vitamins and minerals.

I feel much healthier drinking this than trying to eat all that meat and fish to make up the additional protein.

I drink it 3 or 4 times per day. I can't help myself. I have two portions of meat or fish then make the rest up with this.

I am probably having too much of it but I feel great and am putting on more muscle.

·
.....train hard or fcuk off!!!
2,041 Posts
As above, shakes won't make you put on weight as fat, you can build muscle and lose fat while taking shakes to supplement your diet, i have 3/4 meals and 3 shakes a day, don't do any cardio but sit at about 10% body fat as my diet is good.

I have a shake for breakfast with some oats and one after i train as this is when your body need it quickly, then i have my last one before bed to see my body through the night, no oats (carbs) in this one though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.