UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
If you all had a collective neck I would strangle
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may all be about to throw some horrific abuse my way for such a stupid question and it may be deserved BUT, my main aim is to drop the fat and up until now ive been doing my weight then around 20-30 mins cardio afterwards. As this is my main goal im thinking of soley focusing on cardio till I lose my bf then bulk from there, is this a good plan. If I can help it id rather not lose muscle while lowering my bf but if it happens it happens.

Now back to the shakes, if I do decide to just focus on cardio and cut down my lifting to little or none until im happy with the amount of bf that I lose is it still a good idea to have a shake after training? The shake im using at the moment only has about 1.8g of carbs per serving so not sure how bad itl be for me.

Cheers

·
Gym Addict
474 Posts
Depends on your goals, however shake is always a good idea, whey protein wont stop you from losing fat, as long as its not a weight gainer its highly recommended... even in your situation, I would consider sticking to the weights tho, as it will still build underneath fat

·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats what ive been trying to do, my goal is to lose the bf but try and keep as much muscle as I can. The problem im having is that after a good session of lifting doing my cardio afterwards is a little bit of a struggle and I found that if I dont lift and just do cardio I able to work a lot harder and burn a bit more bf.

·
Gym Addict
474 Posts
do cardio in the mornign before breakfast, stop cardio after work out.. problem solved :D you also lose more body fat in the morning before breakfast as your body is lacking energy sources and burns your fat even though muscle get effected too, but from your view i doubt thats much of a problem? you will still be putting new muscle on however so not to worry

·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes I can be a top class fool. That does solve the problem and I will start tomorrow.

Cheers mate!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.