UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I just turned 40 and starting to feel it. With work and family, training isn't what it once was, nor is recovery.

Been contemplating TRT for about two years - the time I have been off AAS - and was thinking about the below.

1) 8 week test-only cycle (300mg to 500mg cyp or enan) to try and add a bit of size again. Appreciate that's not very long, but numerous articles I've read about 40+ guys doing cycles suggest shorter the better for health reasons.

2) After 8 weeks, I'd drop to 300mg/200mg, treating it like a high TRT dose, to bring bloods back within healthy markers if they've strayed outside of them.

Diet would be far cleaner and cardio would be included 2-3 times a week (token 5k run).

Be good to get your thoughts on whether this is a reasonable/safe-ish way to add some size and then, hopefully, feel not-so-40.

Also, I've booked myself a blood test, ECG and coronary calcium scan. These will ultimately determine if I do any of the above.

Cheers,

A.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Be interesting to see what your blood results are at right now after having two years off. Then for me personally try and get the most out of as little possible. Why not start at 150-200 mg a week and get bloods done to see your results. 150-200mg test a week is well over double or triple natural test levels by the time you take the ester away from the test so it should be enough to build muscle and feel good

Some people will say 'if you are going to do test, then why not do it at a high level and do it properly' For me anyone should be able to build muscle and feel good on a low/medium level of testosterone. All depends on what approach you prefer

P.S 200-300mg test per week is not really a TRT dose mate that should put you off the charts test wise

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd say if it's your first time it really depends on what you want...test is a base everyone should use. No need for 300+ a week. First time around should be about 200 a week trust me you'll feel it, might take a wee week or 2 to kick in since it's your first but you'll get it guaranteed week 3. You're not going to end up massive but you'll noticeably grow and you'll see it week by week. Your strength will multiply tenfold if you do it right training wise. Cardio etc is a must at the end of the day no point being big and unfit (fitness is your ability to go from exhausted to normal as quick as possible) and most big guys are unfit as f**k. Other than that i don't know what to tell you as I'm not sure of your height and weight or goals body wise except growth...which with what you say you will get. Good luck and let us know how you're getting on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey guys.

I just turned 40 and starting to feel it. With work and family, training isn't what it once was, nor is recovery.

Been contemplating TRT for about two years - the time I have been off AAS - and was thinking about the below.

1) 8 week test-only cycle (300mg to 500mg cyp or enan) to try and add a bit of size again. Appreciate that's not very long, but numerous articles I've read about 40+ guys doing cycles suggest shorter the better for health reasons.

2) After 8 weeks, I'd drop to 300mg/200mg, treating it like a high TRT dose, to bring bloods back within healthy markers if they've strayed outside of them.

Diet would be far cleaner and cardio would be included 2-3 times a week (token 5k run).

Be good to get your thoughts on whether this is a reasonable/safe-ish way to add some size and then, hopefully, feel not-so-40.

Also, I've booked myself a blood test, ECG and coronary calcium scan. These will ultimately determine if I do any of the above.

Cheers,

A.
200mg/300mg “aka a high TRT” AINT TRT it’s a cycle and it won’t reset your markers.

Pull bloods (Full in depth) to see where your pre cycle markers are at before assuming you actually need it.

At your age I’d do 200mg test cyp a week for cycles and then drop down to 80mg (ish depending on bloods to dial in) for a TRUE TRT, naturally your body produces about 60mg a week of your really lucky.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback gents, appreciated.

If running test at 200mg per week, would HCG and an AI be required? While I appreciate 200mg is still a much higher dose than natural levels, is it low enough to potentially get away with not needing either?

Cheers,

A.

·
Registered
120 Posts

If running test at 200mg per week, would HCG and an AI be required? While I appreciate 200mg is still a much higher dose than natural levels, is it low enough to potentially get away with not needing either?

Cheers,

A.

It depends on you. HCG is about if you want kids or care if your chaps shrink up. I don't.

Ai is about you too. On 200 a week I don't need an AI, but you might be less fortunate. The only way to tell is bloods and / or watch out for the symptoms. Google the estrogen handbook 👍

·
Registered
230 Posts

Cheers,

A.
HCG is dependent on if you still want to conceive and also if you prefer your testicals to be a good size.

In regards to an Ai it depends your bloods mate, any generic Ai protocol will end up tanking you or leave you too high.

·
Registered
230 Posts
How did your bloods look on 300mg?
This could be forward of me but it really doesn’t matter how his bloods look on 300mg as I think you’re trying to gauge other peoples results then apply them to yourself, on 96mg of testosterone cypionate a week my hematacrit and Hemoglobin are out of range, my blood pressure was at secondary hypertension levels and my TSH levels shot up (Dr still doesn’t know why)

Best thing you can do is after 6 weeks of being on get your bloods done (Full in depth one) From One if the following….Medichecks/E-Val/The blood lab/Optimale/Youth revisited. And see specifically how the amount you’re taking affects you! That way you’ll really get to start knowing your body.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
This could be forward of me but it really doesn’t matter how his bloods look on 300mg as I think you’re trying to gauge other peoples results then apply them to yourself, on 96mg of testosterone cypionate a week my hematacrit and Hemoglobin are out of range, my blood pressure was at secondary hypertension levels and my TSH levels shot up (Dr still doesn’t know why)

Best thing you can do is after 6 weeks of being on get your bloods done (Full in depth one) From One if the following….Medichecks/E-Val/The blood lab/Optimale/Youth revisited. And see specifically how the amount you’re taking affects you! That way you’ll really get to start knowing your body.
Sorry mate this is in relation to the lads question but it might help him to understand more and I’m interested in your statement on your own blood work. out of curiosity you said your hematacrit was out of range. When was your last donation ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry mate this is in relation to the lads question but it might help him to understand more and I’m interested in your statement on your own blood work. out of curiosity you said your hematacrit was out of range. When was your last donation ?
Unfortunately I can’t donate anymore as my body keeps passing out every time I donate, so NHS won’t let me donate anymore and privately we’ve tried numerous things, loading up on sugar/glucose, fluids, tensing muscles and I still pass out, it’s crazy as I’m not scared of needles and used to jab IM for years when I ran cycles, and more recently with sub q and it doesn’t bother me.

Hematacrit and Hemoglobin went over of range after 8 weeks on TRT, prior to that I never got bloods as regularly so couldn’t tell you what they were when I used to use sports TRT (200mg a week)

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Unfortunately I can’t donate anymore as my body keeps passing out every time I donate, so NHS won’t let me donate anymore and privately we’ve tried numerous things, loading up on sugar/glucose, fluids, tensing muscles and I still pass out, it’s crazy as I’m not scared of needles and used to jab IM for years when I ran cycles, and more recently with sub q and it doesn’t bother me.

Hematacrit and Hemoglobin went over of range after 8 weeks on TRT, prior to that I never got bloods as regularly so couldn’t tell you what they were when I used to use sports TRT (200mg a week)
Aww that’s too bad man. Being older like yourself I’m trying to be more sensible with my usage. I’ve been blasting and cruising for many years. I have took some time off cycling but I’m currently on trt. I’ve got 5 years worth of blood testing. Nothing comes back alarming apart from I need to donate every 3-6 months. I think you could recover as I did after 10 years of cycling. You just have to get used to being Natty. I think we have all recovered at some point but stupidly jumped back on. Good luck

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I'd say if it's your first time it really depends on what you want...test is a base everyone should use. No need for 300+ a week. First time around should be about 200 a week trust me you'll feel it, might take a wee week or 2 to kick in since it's your first but you'll get it guaranteed week 3. You're not going to end up massive but you'll noticeably grow and you'll see it week by week. Your strength will multiply tenfold if you do it right training wise. Cardio etc is a must at the end of the day no point being big and unfit (fitness is your ability to go from exhausted to normal as quick as possible) and most big guys are unfit as f**k. Other than that i don't know what to tell you as I'm not sure of your height and weight or goals body wise except growth...which with what you say you will get. Good luck and let us know how you're getting on.
42yrs, two cycles, first 500mgs test, second 600mgs test. By your calculations I should be benching 800kgs.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts

Cheers,

A.
42yrs, 600mg test pw with no AI needed. HCG 1000pw. All good for me. Everyone responds differently.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I'm knocking on the door of being 50 years old.

I still blast on 400mg of test e or c a few times a year, and cruise on either 150mg or 200mg per week for the remainder of the year.

I barely use orals any more, on the above i don't need and AI or SERM to control anything.

I get bloods done now and then.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts