UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to body building and need advice on my routine

The days i can go to the gym on an average week is monday , tuesday, thursdays and sundays

i was seeking advice on a routine that i could use for each day and which muscles to work out during the same session

cheers

·
The League of Shadows
1,311 Posts
Post some pictures of yourself and a sample diet etc so we can see which bodyparts will need the most urgent attention. Maybe state a few of your goals ie bigger chest, more ab definition, lower general bodyfat and we'll put our heads together and post some ideas here for you :)

·
Classic Bodybulider
1,307 Posts
i have dropped my days down to 4 from 6, i use to train 1 muscle a day and have a day of cardio only, now i do

Day 1, BACK AND BICEPS

Day 2, Shoulders (maybe triceps)

Day 3, Chest (maybe triceps)

Day 4, Legs

if i have to go to the gym again coz i cannot help myself, ill do a 45 cardio session

my triceps are only done once a week but it depends on how i feel so i do it ether after shoulders or chest

1 goal you should def have is you form, sow the movement down to feel the muscle working, i try to 1 or 2 seconds on a positive and 3 to 4 seconds on a negative

·
it rubs the lotion on its skin---or it gets the ho
1,508 Posts
day 1-do squats -then bench press,2days rest then do deadlift,chins rest two days then repeat.try that for a few months

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
This is my routine as it gives me enough rest time in between workouts etc.

Mon: Chest, Biceps

Tue: Legs

Thurs: Shoulders, Triceps

Sat: Back, Calves

Make sure you include the exercises such as squats, deads, bench, shoulder pressing. These exercises should be the main excercise in the relevent routine.

If you need examples of what i do each day let me know

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
If you are new, then four workouts are too many unless you are genetically gifted.

Drop this down to 2 workouts, upper and lower body, all compound exercises as you will need plenty of rest in-between.

Isolation exercises wont make you grow at this stage but can help with strengthening joints and preparing tendons, so you could do Rotator cuff exercises, core work and cardio on your off days.

Overtraining accounts for most of the failures in Bbing, followed very closely by diet, so read and read until you have learnt how to get these areas right.

hth

SD

·
Gym Addict
427 Posts
i always split chest, legs and back so theres at least a days rest between them- eg mon-wed-fri

shoulders, traps, bi's/tri's, abs are interchangeable and fitted in wherever.

·
Retired
6,805 Posts
paulo said:
day 1-do squats -then bench press,2days rest then do deadlift,chins rest two days then repeat.try that for a few months
Nice post; I like the simplicity of this routine. Anyone who follows this kind of routine and adds weight to the bar each session will be far bigger and stronger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts