UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres a few lads on her from liverpool, so was just wondering if any of you could suggest somewhere. Taking my girlfriend to liverpool for the night on our anniversary and want somewhere special. Just somewhere with nice food/atmosphere and not too posh or clicky.

Thanks

Jonesy
 

·
Looking Freaky
Joined
·
764 Posts
Lol, beat me to it...

Errr... don't really go to posh or nice restaraunts to be honest, if u like chinese, theres a gorgeous one just off victoria street, called the madarin. Alma de Cuba (sp?) does quite nice meals i think, it's like a renovated church, its a bar aswell and right in town so if ur staying out, that could be a good choice...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
nowhere mate. you'll get people giving you a few names but their not romantic, more "clique"; where the footy players go and that. their okay for a good night, but nowhere to go proposing... haha

spice lounge, the radission hotel and the malmason hotel have good restaurants. london carriage works. oh yeah as above alma de cuba, but it turns into a club type place after a certain time. look into going into south road in crosby or down lark lane way.

genesis will be more help, he's a big posh gayer and takes his feller everywhere. :lol:
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahah ye i knew you and genesis were from liverpool! iKnow it pretty well my dad lived there for 5 years but just wanted something nice. I've been to caessers palace a couple of times and thought that was nice so will probs be there, if know where else
 

·
Looking Freaky
Joined
·
624 Posts
You've got a good few choices at the dock, to be honest I've only ever been to the Blue Bar as I was only visiting but I thought it was very nice.

If you do go with the Mcdonalds suggestion, get the bus into town and If you're lucky you might get a bus ticket with a buy one get a big mac free offer printed on the reverse, put the saving towards a mcflurry, go on treat her on your anniversary :innocent:

Where ever you end up , have a good un :beer:
 

·
Complete Basket Case
Joined
·
4,766 Posts
been a few years since i was there but there was a place on the docks near where the weather map was... (breakfast tv viewers know what I mean) think it was an italian... reasonable price too.
 

·
.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,. ,
Joined
·
864 Posts
Bulk_250 said:
Lol, beat me to it...

Errr... don't really go to posh or nice restaraunts to be honest, if u like chinese, theres a gorgeous one just off victoria street, called the madarin. Alma de Cuba (sp?) does quite nice meals i think, it's like a renovated church, its a bar aswell and right in town so if ur staying out, that could be a good choice...
yeah ive heard its very nice in there aswell
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
309 Posts
To be honest, most restaurants are just the same as everywhere else. Lark lane is nice, but it's just the same as going to a restaurant probably round the corner from where you live lol.

Que Pasa is meant to be nice on Lark Lane tho. Where are you from in North Wales?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
239 Posts
Slamdog said:
anyway, is a posh restaurant in liverpool one that hasn't got the cutlery chained to the table?
why do alot of people think this about liverpool?

its becuse people like your self keep repeating over and over agin. :cursing:

less of the useless posts . :sleeping:
 

·
aka Marc
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
estfna said:
nowhere mate. you'll get people giving you a few names but their not romantic, more "clique"; where the footy players go and that. their okay for a good night, but nowhere to go proposing... haha

spice lounge, the radission hotel and the malmason hotel have good restaurants. london carriage works. oh yeah as above alma de cuba, but it turns into a club type place after a certain time. look into going into south road in crosby or down lark lane way.

genesis will be more help, he's a big posh gayer and takes his feller everywhere. :lol:
Ah thanks stefan Huggzies x x x

Depends what you like to eat really mate, does it have to be romantic all candlelit and such?

Allerton road or Lark lane has a few nice places, but if your from out of Town then the city centre is going to be easier for you to find

I'll list a few of my favorites

Sapporo - Great Japanese restauraunt not really romantic but you do get your own chef and his assistant to prepare the food for you, if its a weekend chances are you'll be sharing a big table with lots of others so maybe not what your looking for the food is lovely though - bring your wallet

Sabai - Thai restaraunt on castle street might be a bit more what your after smaller more intimate lovely - if you like thai food

Ask - Italian restaurant - not one of my favorites at all actually, ive only been once but it was nice and is quite romantic

Villa romana - another very nice romantic italian

60 Hope street - Nice food, nice restaraunt, bring your wallet

Restaraunt bar & Grill - Very nice food and atmosphere

The monro - This place is very romantic and the food is lovely, its a gastropub on Duke street so you can have a nice meal and have a few drinks in a nice pub afterwards - mozltof!!

There are loads more down the Albert dock which is also nice but i hardly ever go down there - a place ive been a few times down the dock though is Pan america they do nice food
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
^^ just to echo the above, the restaurant bar and grill, that's at the bottom of bold street next to central station. it's got a dome painted ceiling and it's candlelit at night. your sat around the edges of the room in booths. quite nice, last time i went i got sat near the door though so that messed it up abit.

also ask is ok. a good plus is that it's right next to nando's so if your still feeling peckish....
 

·
Complete Basket Case
Joined
·
4,766 Posts
god-send said:
why do alot of people think this about liverpool?

its becuse people like your self keep repeating over and over agin. :cursing:

less of the useless posts . :sleeping:
I lived there long enough and still have rellys there... I think I can make an informed post about it... and there was a cafe in belle vale that did chain the cutlery to the table...
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top