UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have made a post in the welcome part, and i have just came to have a look at the diets to see if there one for me, but basically its all going over my head, all i am aware is need protein, i am looking to build up my chest,shoulders arms etc, the only problem is, i have a slight belly, which is due to,to much junk food, and bear, i am looking to loose my stomach, and tone up.hopefully gaining bigger shoulders and chest in the process,sorry if this seem so long and very amature like, but i havent a clue were to start, would a first pic help, so people can see what areas i need to work on

thanks you
 

·
Everybody wants to be GOOD, but not many are prepa
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
The best place to start is to clean up your diet....firstly start by taking out all the junk food, sweets, chocolate and alcohol. Start eating good clean food that has nutritional value - fish, chicken, turkey, a little red meat - good quality carbohydrates - potatoes, brown rice, sweet potatoes and if you can tolerate wheat - wholemeal bread and wholemeal pasta and plenty of fresh vegetables; add quality 'good' fats too -olive oil; flax seed oil; sunflower seeds, almonds pumpkin seeds. BUT once or twice a week have a treat - a favourite food.

Eat regular smaller meals about 5 - 6 times a day.

There are a few ways of working out protein/carbs/fats ratios

i.e. 40% Protein 50% carbs 10% fats etc.

It is often said that 90% of the results you will see is due to good nutrition. The other 10% is consistent training and plenty of rest.

:thumb:
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks lou,thats much appreciated, i have tried recently to start eating better, so i will take everything you have said into account, how do i go about making a diet, so i no how much protein etc is the rite amount,etc

i real am a armature at all this
 

·
Everybody wants to be GOOD, but not many are prepa
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
razzaefc said:
thanks lou,thats much appreciated, i have tried recently to start eating better, so i will take everything you have said into account, how do i go about making a diet, so i no how much protein etc is the rite amount,etc

i real am a armature at all this
Firstly weigh yourself and be honest ;)

To build a diet a good starting point would be

Protein 3 grams of per KG of bodyweight

Carbs 4 grams per KG of bodyweight

Fats 0.75grms per KG of body fat

example: using this formula (one of many combinations) a person weighing 80kg would consume

240 grams protein

320 grams carbs

60 grams fats

Then divide those numbers by the number of meals; 6 is a good starting point.

Each meal would then be made up of 40grams protein; 53 grams carbs and 10 grams fat.

As time goes on and through training you are adding mass diet will have to be revised on a regular basis. BUT build up calorie intake over a period of time so that your metabolism can cope with the extra calories you are feeding your body.

(It took roughly 6 months for me to go from eating 1300 calories a day to eating 3000 calories a day, but everyone is different only you will know how you are reacting to your nutrition)

Lou
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks lou, i have been away so i have only just weighed my self.and i was bang on 11st, which i have been told is 69 kg, i no its probably not rocket science to you, but can you explain how i work out using your formula what sort of intake i need, as i have said, i have a slight stomach that im looking to get rid of, will that just go as i work out hard, or will i have to adjust my intake of fats, and just another, i no the protein will help repair and make my muscles bigger while working out,but what will the carbs and the fats do, i have already cut out allot of junk food over the last couple of weeks now im looking to get the right diet for me,thanks agan and sorry to go on
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top