UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
COME AT ME BRO
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
I saw an article in the independent newspaper that referred to gym goers as 'the steroid underclass'

People who commission and make these documentaries have preconceived ideas of bodybuilding and weightlifting built on lies and falsehood. They don't want them challenged so they want stuff to confirm what they know - pushing yourself is unhealthy, steroids are inherently bad, teenagers are stupid etc. They see weigthlifting as something stupid people do and every 'documentary' I've seen about weightlifting has furthered this falsehood.

In our society where working hard is frown upon and being dedicated to something is being 'obsessed' (much better to watch TV and work in our hamster wheels like our political masters tell us) standing out is a crime and someone who is different from the cultural norm is mocked ridiculed and not given their say. Why should this be any different?
 

·
sport lover and life lol
Joined
·
279 Posts
looks complete **** for me . for a laugh were i live google babyfaced bodybuilders a few years a go. and the trainer who trained dan for a fact did not tell him to eat rice cake and fish how do i know, i train at his gym and dan who has come out the closet ohhh and works as a hairdresser in town ,that didnt sound right but its all good ,best of all avril is on it, the star out of season, but shows what a good person she is:thumb:
 

·
Looking Freaky
Joined
·
839 Posts
another stupid documentry that makes us gym users look like people who are all steroid addicted junkies!!

not showing all the hard work we put in, why not make a documentry about all the druggies loser outside the shops!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
arnienoonoo said:
looks complete **** for me . for a laugh were i live google babyfaced bodybuilders a few years a go. and the trainer who trained dan for a fact did not tell him to eat rice cake and fish how do i know, i train at his gym and dan who has come out the closet ohhh and works as a hairdresser in town ,that didnt sound right but its all good ,best of all avril is on it, the star out of season, but shows what a good person she is:thumb:
No wonder he turned gay with all that bloody fish.... What is it now then, cheese and rice cakes? :lol:
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
Bambi said:
I saw an article in the independent newspaper that referred to gym goers as 'the steroid underclass'

People who commission and make these documentaries have preconceived ideas of bodybuilding and weightlifting built on lies and falsehood. They don't want them challenged so they want stuff to confirm what they know - pushing yourself is unhealthy, steroids are inherently bad, teenagers are stupid etc. They see weigthlifting as something stupid people do and every 'documentary' I've seen about weightlifting has furthered this falsehood.

In our society where working hard is frown upon and being dedicated to something is being 'obsessed' (much better to watch TV and work in our hamster wheels like our political masters tell us) standing out is a crime and someone who is different from the cultural norm is mocked ridiculed and not given their say. Why should this be any different?
Figures mate. All born out of total ignorance. These people are not 'artists' or 'intellectuals' at all, as they like to infer and claim that they are. They are just the self proclaimed intellectuals of society who are the worst at stereotyping people and judging.
 

·
Getting bored sh1tless....
Joined
·
5,016 Posts
Britbb said:
Figures mate. All born out of total ignorance. These people are not 'artists' or 'intellectuals' at all, as they like to infer and claim that they are. They are just the self proclaimed intellectuals of society who are the worst at stereotyping people and judging.
LMFAO!!! :lol:

That's got to be one of the best posts on here :thumb:

Edit; dude, where's your original post!?
 

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
Britbb said:
Figures mate. All born out of total ignorance. These people are not 'artists' or 'intellectuals' at all, as they like to infer and claim that they are. They are just the self proclaimed intellectuals of society who are the worst at stereotyping people and judging.
Need more info about two Brazilians on your eight incher.
 
G

·
There is still allot of general public ignorance regarding bodybuilding, the obsessiveness of the sport and drugs involved - But like most physical sports to reach the top level one does have to become partly obsessed- fighters- sprinters- athletes of all denominations are governed to a large degree by training, diets ect (apart from darts on the diet front) Drugs have been shown time and time again to be prevalent in may sports inclusive of skill sports like snooker. The fact is a bodybuilder sticks out- can you instantly tell a snooker player- or squash player ??? No not really- so bodybuilders will be the brunt of baseless reports.

What does my box in are the bodybuilding authorities who constantly spout out to people before competitions that the war on steroids is being won- before they sit down and watch every competitor- all of whom are very obviously On - a massive contradiction.
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
chrisj22 said:
LMFAO!!! :lol:

That's got to be one of the best posts on here :thumb:

Edit; dude, where's your original post!?
Haha, i couldnt leave it up there, some people might get offended by it.

Besides, by writing it, it just plays into their hands, makes it look like im angered by it... They are the ignorant ones who pretend to be intellectuals, so no need for me to potentially create a bad image of myself because of some ignorant fools calling bodybuilders a 'steroid underclass'.

Let them proclaim their 'intellectualness' as they label and stereotype all people of a certain sport as 'steroid underclass', shows how 'intellectual' they really are:rolleyes:
 

·
Looking Freaky
Joined
·
825 Posts
tbh, getting big, dieting down and fannying about on stage is bloody funny, so if you're sensitive to criticism take up dart sand grow a beer gut and be socially acceptable.
 
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top