UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many should you take after training your arms or shoulders or chest or whatever?

Is it right that you get a more full "pumped look" the day after youve trained?

If so why is this?

anyone?

thanks

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Recovery time is dependant on how hard you have pushed your muscles and your training history.

I assume you are quite new to proper weight training so I would only train once every 3 days, so twice a week, compound exercises only.

As you progress in strength you can extend this to every two then at very advanced level you could train every day or twice a day with the right pharmas.

You could have a little more of a pumped look next day, but as a result of inflammation primarily, then water retention from glycogen replenishment etc etc.

If you are trying to look more pumped, creatine may assist this desire.

hth

SD

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump on this...

Had a damn good workout on friday, 55mins of just going for it!

Hardly any rests between sets getting heavier all the time.

Got my protein down me this weekend and I felt great both sat and sun.

I looked and felt pumped!

Any ideas wot happens in ur body for this to go on?

·
it rubs the lotion on its skin---or it gets the ho
1,508 Posts
rest is overlooked by most,eg take a full week off and see tha gains or how easy everthing feels 1st day back,as c.n.s has recovered as well as local muscular system,fact is most folk(including me for decades) do too much volume-and do it too often,gross overtraining,less is more--even less is even more!,im doing less sessions than ever now and only hard basics and gaining again after being stale for years

1 - 13 of 13 Posts