UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Why don't you ask @Shergar and find out you little skid mark?
Guess force of habit really.

When I started using forums circa 2000 it was the normal thing to do, sign off with your name.

Everybody done it, kind of like etiquette. (Like @Tricky said)

Heck use the search function on here and go back some years and you will see many members doing the same back then I bet.

Coupled with the fact I have to sign stuff off in work a thousand times a day, it's just a natural thing to do.

Danny

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts

When I started using forums circa 2000 it was the normal thing to do, sign off with your name.

Heck use the search function on here and go back some years and you will see many members doing the same back then I bet.

Coupled with the fact I have to sign stuff off in work a thousand times a day, it's just a natural thing to do.

Danny
There you have it @Lovelyjubly

There are quite a few people over the age of 18 still posting on here.

·
Gym Addict
1,164 Posts
I quite like seeing people do it if I'm honest.

I like to think of Danny sat in his library of books by the likes of Chaucer and Keys smoking fat cigars and stroking a luxurious moustache whilst signing off his post and simultaneously jerking off with a warm, wry smile on his face.

The bellends at work who sign off emails with things like

Best

D

on the other hand really boil my piss!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I quite like seeing people do it if I'm honest.

I like to think of Danny sat in his library of books by the likes of Chaucer and Keys smoking fat cigars and stroking a luxurious moustache whilst signing off his post and simultaneously jerking off with a warm, wry smile on his face.

The bellends at work who sign off emails with things like

Best

D

on the other hand really boil my piss!
Agree , people

who sign off with an initial really f**k me off, as do people who start and email with "Hey D..."

with regards to email sign off, for many years I've had a secret code that only a few of my team are aware of, my default is " Thanks", where I feel the need it is "Regards", if I think someone has been a. But if a dick "kind regards", and for absolute cu**s, "kindest regards"

·
Getting HUGE!
9,338 Posts
Agree , people

who sign off with an initial really f**k me off, as do people who start and email with "Hey D..."

with regards to email sign off, for many years I've had a secret code that only a few of my team are aware of, my default is " Thanks", where I feel the need it is "Regards", if I think someone has been a. But if a dick "kind regards", and for absolute cu**s, "kindest regards"
I use "all the best" for those that I want bad things to happen to.

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,325 Posts
Some people may be more formal and polite and not talking like a 12 year old with text talk?
Text talk in text messages annoy me. Especially now when most people have a smart phone with a full keyboard and spell check.

·
Not a Newbie Trainer
1,446 Posts

Danny
I always thought that was your signature mate. Not sure if I'm using the right word, forums used to have a permanently posted quote at the bottom. Some used their name, others used a life quote, some put a disclaimer.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I always thought that was your signature. Not sure if I'm using the right word, forums used to have a permanently posted quote at the bottom. Some used their name, others used a life quote, some put a disclaimer.
Yeah, I remember signatures on forums.

Many of the boards and especially the U.S boards would use that space for sponsorship's/advertisements.

Danny

1 - 20 of 24 Posts