UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever re trained their natural thought process on life from negative to positive? I'm trying to do it but I find I need to be focused on what I am thinking constantly. As soon as I slip off into a day dream negative thoughts start occurring. If I see a picture of a hot woman my natural instinct is that I'd have no chance.

If you have, how long did it take and did you have same problem when first starting? I've learnt that positive thinkers get a lot more out of life. I am just wondering if anyone has successfully managed to turn it around full scale or are simply just not as bad as before.

·
Banned
785 Posts
I agree with positive thinking being an advantage. I would describe myself as a positive thinker. It doesn't necessarily mean that negative things don't occur because believe me I've had my share of bad luck, but I've managed to put a positive spin on things which always brought me through the bad times.

I can see how it would be difficult to change your way of thinking, Im lucky that Ive always been this way.

Just keep trying to think positive, look for the best of a bad situation. Evaluate things more, even if the good part is really small, focus on that..... Just my 2p's worth

<o:p></o:p>

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
CBT is a lot like this, changing your behavioural/thought patterns to a more positive flow... its an ongoing process but with time and practice it becomes easier and almost second nature to cut loose the neg thought and instill a positive one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.