UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.here goes,im new to this and i have been going the gym for about a month now, im reading up on here to try and get my diet sorted.

im 22 years old

im 5ft 10

weigh 11st

i dont no my bf yet,

and i was going to put up some pics so i you guys/girls can hopefully see were i need to improve,

do i take normal pics before a workout, or after a work out and tense up, not that there would be much difference but never mind,

·
Saffir meisie moet vernietig wees!!!!!!! Oorwinnin
3,228 Posts
Yeah, get it all up mate. Best thing I did was put up a journal Learning a load every day.

I took mine before workout and tensed. I believe its a fairer representation of what you look like.

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
helo again and thanks for the replys.my diet which i started this week, so far goes like this,

between

6;30-7:30 porridge

10-11 tuna pasta

1-2 chicken.may be with some salad

4-5 full mean, chicken,steak, trying to start eating rice,although i dont like it

then i usually work out between 6 onwards so should i eat or drink something after i have worked out

i no that is not so much of a diet, im just trying to have a big protein intake and less fat

i will post my picture tonight,

my goal are to increase the size of my chest,arms etc, all body areas.,but i have a slight stomach so im trying to tone that up but need to get rid of the fat first

monday- biceps

tuesday-stomach and triceps

wednesday-shoulders

thursday- i play football so dont usually go

friday-chest

i try to fit my back into that when possible

as i want to increase the size of my muscles, do i do small heavy reps, im currently doing 4 x 10

thanks you

·
Getting HUGE!
1,700 Posts
mate you need to eat some protien in your first meal also you need to eat a meal every 2/3 hours

After training you should have whey protien and some form of high gi carbs like dextrose or wms(waxymaise starch)

Hope this helps mate

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
course this helps, thanks. any suggestion what to have for my first meal then, i will get myself some whey protein over the weekend, any suggestions, and gi carbs and dextrose are like a foreign language, ha, were will i find them,

thanks again joey

·
Getting HUGE!
1,700 Posts
You can buy corn flour from a supermarket mate am told it's the same as wms (I buy my wms and whey protien from myprotien.co.uk)

I like eggs first thing in the morning but if you really don't like them you could add whey however eggs are far better mate

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am sooooooooooooooooo sorry there so big,didnt no they would be and dont no how to make them smaller,if anyone can tell me then please do, i look ruff i no, i had only just got up, but its pretty obviously what areas i need to work on,that last pic makes me sick

G

·
razzaefc said:
im 5ft 10

weigh 11st

i dont no my bf yet,

hopefully see were i need to improve,
Gosh i love posts like this:lol: if your 11 stone you dont need any one to tell you where you need to improve via pictures because you need to gain every where and if you dont know your body fat it means your holding a lot of fat because as soon as some one sees a hint of their abbs they shout from the rooftops about how ripped they are. Now stop making me feel arkward by looking at your shirtless pics and get your routine fixed:D

Fat is good if its its good fat.

Breakfast: large porrige, 3 whole eggs, large glass of lactaid milk, apple

Lunch: large tuna pasta with a banana and 10 fish oil tablets

mid afternoon: meal replacment shake and a spoon of an oil complex like udos oil

Dinner: steak large potatoe lots of green veg

After training: 2 scoops of whey protein powder and 2 pieces of fruit

Bed: lots of cottage cheese two spoonfulls of peannut butter

Train 3 times per week and look up a good routine on here.

Keep up your football and add in some extra cardiovascular exercise whenever possible.

Sleep 8 hours per night.

Dont drink frequently.

Keep it up for a couple of years and you will have a superb body that very few people have OR keep going as you do waste time in the gym and never look like you have worked out in your life.

In case you think this post is mean i am repping you in advance:whistling:

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jesus con, put me in my place there, thats exactly what im looking for, so thanks

i was thinking about a protein drink that doest have any extra carbs as i want to loose my stomach, but you seem to think whey protein drinks are for me!

i want to tone up first and hopefully gain a six pack,will i get them results with what you have just told me

thanks again you two

G

·
razzaefc said:
jesus con, put me in my place there, thats exactly what im looking for, so thanks

i was thinking about a protein drink that doest have any extra carbs as i want to loose my stomach, but you seem to think whey protein drinks are for me!

i want to tone up first and hopefully gain a six pack,will i get them results with what you have just told me

thanks again you two
Whey shakes are usually pretty much carb and fat free.

Look at the long term mate, at the moment if you were lean enough to have abbs you would look like a streak of p#ss.....now train hard for a year gain muscle which will increase your BMR which in turn helps shed the fat and then you will have a good body with a six pack. EVERY ONE wants abbs right NOW with out realising the harsh reality that you would look horrible and stick like if your abbs were visable now. Walk before you can run :rockon:

·
Newbie Trainer
23 Posts
Oh my god, sorry to jump in on your journal here Ryan (razzer is my bro) but Con - you are hilarious! Love the harshness, great advice!

Guys, if I post a journal too, would be mind giving me a kick up the a*se like you have done for Ryan? Now I'm going to add pictures, of which I am NOT proud, so if any of you laugh (or gag in ryan's case, sorry bro, it has to be done lol) I will be mortified, but I can take the criticism so don't hold back!

I'll stop gatecrashing your page now bro.......Kez x

Oh and Ry, there's loads of fish oil capsules in the cupboard above the oven, get started mate :)

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
con, im not looking to get bigger like a body builder, i just want to tone up, have at least some sort of chest muscles, slightly bigger shoulders arms etc and eventually a six pack, im willing to put the work in and the diet, but im slightly confused as to how i go about doing that,will i good diet,plenty of protein and hard work not get me what im looking for?

G

·
razzaefc said:
con, im not looking to get bigger like a body builder, i just want to tone up, have at least some sort of chest muscles, slightly bigger shoulders arms etc and eventually a six pack, im willing to put the work in and the diet, but im slightly confused as to how i go about doing that,will i good diet,plenty of protein and hard work not get me what im looking for?
Mate the only way to look toned is to train like a bodybuilder, you are under the illusion it is easy to build a bodybuilders body it is not!

It takes years and years of training and in most cases a healthy dose of anabolic steriods.

If you follow what i say in a year you should look like you work out and in two years you should have a nice toned beach body but you will be in no way ready to compete as a bodybuilder. :rolleyes:

I can see your looking for ways out, what i have outlined looks far too much like hard work so you want some thing easy so you can just cruise along to a nice abbs and a more muscular upper body, which is fair enough you can do as you like but if you ask most people, what i have outlined is not all the much work in the great scheme of things and what people actually do do to get their bodies.........

·
Newbie Trainer
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well,so far iv been going for about 8 weeks, and today i was told i look like i have lost weight, i was gutted as i thought i could see some difference, i have gone from 11st to 10,9 and a half. but i can see a slight improvement

my diet is,

morning, porridge, with two boiled eggs

11am either chicken breast, tuna pasta or ham slices with salad

2pm the same as the above but different orders

5pm, chicken,steak,pork, always with veg,

i am in the process of buying a protein whey supplement,do i need to eat more carbs to stop me loosing wight and gain in size,

thank you

·
Gym Addict
184 Posts
Eat more of anything you shoudn't be dropping weight if your looking to get bigger lol and the only way to stop that is eat more.

quality fats, lots of carbs and lots of protein aim for atleast 3000 kcals a day. Atleast 180g of protein.

I had the same mindset as you when i started and i really regret it now i could of got so much bigger if i actually decided to EAT!!

Edit: just read all of con's posts lol just listen to him awesome advice.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.