UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has ever tried raw eggs??? i mean dropping them into shakes???

It looks appealing, has anyone ever become ill from it???What are your experiences???

It sure would make my life easier dropping them into a shake for breakfast rather than trying to force myself to eat an omlette then oats...it kills me lol]

Thanks again peeps:rockon:

·
Gobby
10,535 Posts
It's unlikely you'd get ill from it - most British eggs have a Lion mark which means the chickens have been vaccinated against salmonella.

If you're worried buy liquid egg white - it's been pasteurised so should be completely safe.

·
Routine is the enemy
2,044 Posts
i've eaten them a few times raw when i can;t be ****d to cook them, whisk them up with a bit of salt and pepper and down. I do feel a bit weird afterwards, but I think that's psychosomatic (i get the same thing if i drink water from a stream no matter how pure the source)

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
pieball said:
so if they have the lion mark there safe?is there a limit to how many eggs you can have or is that just the yolk that aint good for you?
Don't throw your yolks, egg yolks are very rich in niacin.

Niacin is VIT B3, it's water soluble so we can't store it.

Niacin helps us get energy from our foods, it keeps the nervous and digestive system healthy and also helps raise HDL.

Egg yolks are good for you:thumb:

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
the reason i dont do the rocky balboa no more is cos this country has scared the sh*t out of the public with all the scares!!!!

bird flu

CJD/BSE

foot n mouth

salmonella

E.coli(been around since the start of time i know)

dioxins

the list goes on

athletes foot

veruka's

warts....(i'm joking)

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Raw Egg debate again luverly :)

Basically, you eat eggs raw, you are playing roulette, there is a very slim chance that one egg would be bad, but even one and you will wish you never had glugged that egg down.

Ways to improve your safety:

Buy Free Range! Battery hens are much more likely to have communicable diseases and have less micronutrients.

DOnt get organic, if your cooking them then please do, but raw, these hens havent been treated with any anti-biotics so possibly not. That being said, they are healthier and happier so probably fight off infection naturally much better!

Microwave for 10 seconds. Not long enough to kill the proteins, but long enough to partially sterilise the eggs.

As OSC always said, dont blend the eggs or you will damage the proteins.

hth

SD

·
#1 Hater of RS007 8 days a week
1,984 Posts
Buy free range eggs that have a decent date on them and dont use any that have cracks on them. DO this and the chances of having a problem are so remote it doesnt even count.

This morning i had...

4 eggs

banana

40g oats

30g whey

blended up. Tastes fine.

·
#1 Hater of RS007 8 days a week
1,984 Posts
pastanchicken said:
Always wanted to try, but think they'd come straight back up again!!!
If you have a blender try the above mate (powdered oats & unflavourend whey i should add). tastes nice i think and not even a hint of egg if the banana is nice and ripe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.