UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gym Addict
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all

jus been on myprotein trying to work out a basic weight gain shake and have come up with this (details per shake) any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1 scoop whey protein = 23g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat and 120ish kcals

2.5g creatine (creapure)

3.5g l glutamine

100g oats = 8.5g protein, 70g carbs, 8g fat and 388kcals

So in all before milk thats 31.5g protein, 71g carbs, 9g of fat and

508 kcals.

With a pint of semi skimmed milk it works out to (with info found on google about nutritional values of milk so could be slightly off)

47.5g protein, 91g carbs, 18g fat and 760kcals

plan to have 2 of these a day for a nice 1520kcal boost to my diet witch at the mo is jus try to eat as much gd bulking food as i can ie meat, brown bread, potatoes ect..

Thanks for reading peeps

Dan

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
Add a banana too, i like to have a bit of solidness to my food (i mean peel and eat it, not blend it.)

Personally, i'd prefer to use BCAA powder (but my preference).

Btw what whey protein are you using, seems high in calories as most i've seen are around 80-90 er serving.

·
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-picture
1,272 Posts
personally, i feel that for mass you cant beat cashew nuts.

how about the above shake with only 50g oats. and after a handful of cashews....thats just me though. i fooking love cashews

·
Gym Addict
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hsmann87 said:
personally, i feel that for mass you cant beat cashew nuts.

how about the above shake with only 50g oats. and after a handful of cashews....thats just me though. i fooking love cashews
lol they are nice mate will get a few bags so can add some variety wen im feelin bored.

·
Looking Freaky
662 Posts
u can add eggs, olive oil and peanut butter to your shake for some more goodness :D last time i counted my shake cals it was like 1300cal, 70g protein, 60g carbs i think :S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.