UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
482 Posts
Never liked the guy.
Why is it a Civil action though?
Surely if you want justice you go through the Criminal Justice system.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thrown to the wolves.

Couldn't believe that car crash of an interview he gave. He must think everyone is a mug, the pompous twat.

Been watching the Eppstein thing on netflix. Outrageous the amount of times the state prosecutor in Florida tried to bury the case. Palms must have been greased.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Man, this goes to show how you can't rely on family. Imagine, just being thrown out in the cold like that.

They weren't really his titles, if he can just be stripped of them in an instant.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,737 Posts
Never liked the guy.
Thought it was passed statute of limitations in the USA? Not sure if that applies in the UK for such crimes.

·
Looking Freaky
1,222 Posts
Never liked the guy.
Hugely oversimplified, but a criminal action is punished by prison. A civil action is punished by a massive payday to the 'victim'.

Andy's never ever gonna be extradited to the US to serve prison time, but there will be a big-ass financial settlement....the exact size of which we may never know.

·
Newbie Trainer
482 Posts
Hugely oversimplified, but a criminal action is punished by prison. A civil action is punished by a massive payday to the 'victim'.

Andy's never ever gonna be extradited to the US to serve prison time, but there will be a big-ass financial settlement....the exact size of which we may never know.
I'm also thinking the evidence required to win the case may be less robust in a Civil action.
OJ Simpson springs to mind.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,346 Posts
Never liked the guy.
I dont think there is any appetite in the US for prosecutors to indict a member of the royals or possibly staute of limitations

Thrown to the wolves.

Couldn't believe that car crash of an interview he gave. He must think everyone is a mug, the pompous twat.

Been watching the Eppstein thing on netflix. Outrageous the amount of times the state prosecutor in Florida tried to bury the case. Palms must have been greased.
mate the decosta guy should be prosecuted for sure

Man, this goes to show how you can't rely on family. Imagine, just being thrown out in the cold like that.

They weren't really his titles, if he can just be stripped of them in an instant.
very true bro

Thought it was passed statute of limitations in the USA? Not sure if that applies in the UK for such crimes.
i dont think the UK has a statute of limitations, im not sure we can prosecute someone for crimes committed out with our territory either.

can you ever imagine HM Prosecutors actually prosecuting one of the royals..

the system from the very name downwards is setup to allow for 'royal discresion'

vive la republic :)

I'm also thinking the evidence required to win the case may be less robust in a Civil action.
reasonable doubt in criminal and balance of probabilities i think

·
Looking Freaky
1,222 Posts
Absolutely.

'Beyond reasonable doubt' in criminal cases, and 'on the balance of probability' in civil.

The Queen better get her chequebook out and write a number with plenty of zeros after it!!

·
Newbie Trainer
482 Posts
Not sure why this cannot come to a criminal court.
Much as I would like to see it as a criminal action, I cannot help to see this as just another cash grab in a Civil court now :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts