UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5% off myprotein.co.uk discount code = MP145650
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my youngest daughter shelley has a blackberry on a contract..but shes now wanting to switch to an iphone and ditch the contract as shes going back to college..and wants to use pay as you go..

can this be done with an iphone..she wants to have internet with her phone as she doesnt have access where she lives just now apart from her phone..but she cant afford a contract anymore..

any advice before i go and buy her an iphone from ebay?

thanks

·
Motivated again
456 Posts
Hi Avril,

I am simple, but might be able to help nonetheless. Your question isn't "can your daughter end the contract on her blackberry?", the question is "if you buy your daughter an iphone can she get the internet on a pay and go contract?" am i correct or stupider than I look?

·
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whackedout said:
Hi Avril,

I am simple, but might be able to help nonetheless. Your question isn't "can your daughter end the contract on her blackberry?", the question is "if you buy your daughter an iphone can she get the internet on a pay and go contract?" am i correct or stupider than I look?
you are spot on....shes ending her contract..thats not he issue...its whether she can use an iphone to connect to net with pay as you go?

rep for you for reading my post lol

·
3,635 Posts
one of my friends has an iphone on pay as you go and i think had a deal of unlimited free internet for a year...

not sure if that was for any particular reason or they just do that.

Some networks will do a thing when you top up so much a month they will give you so much internet.

you can get sim only packages with networks anywhere from £10-25 a month with good deals, might work out easier than paying £35 a month or whatever.

When her contacts ends with who she is with now if you say you cant afford it and want to cancel they will usually give you a really good price and then the sim could be put in an iphone. for example with one of my old contracts as soon as it ended and i was cancelling it they took my bill from £30 a month down to £10 with extra stuff...

·
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool...so do you know what networks allow payg on iphone..im hopeless with phones...my phone is so basic it doesnt even have video on it...lol

ide still be using a nokia 3310 if i had one that worked..lol

i use my mobile phone..as a mobile phone and nothing more.

so any info would be great before i spend money on something totally useless..

she would prefer "02" if possible..

·
Enjoys a good poo on works time
2,843 Posts
I'm with o2 and just a word of warning, they are the most expensive mobile internet going, also one of the slowest, although at the moment, they are doing it unlimited until end sept. Orange will give you 1gb faster for the price of 500 with o2. T-mobile do a lot of unlimited deals, but have fair usage policies. Its a minefiled but they all do sim only deals for around 15 pounds a month with internet acces although they are [email protected] compared to the deals they'll give you with a phone.

·
6ft 4inches, 19 stone fat fvck
2,418 Posts
O2 definetly do PAYG on an iphone, they also do bolt ons for internet use, there cheap too as the iphone is obviously a powerful web browser compared to other phones so the bolt on is cheap to make it attractive to PAYG customers

·
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BillC said:
I'm with o2 and just a word of warning, they are the most expensive mobile internet going, also one of the slowest, although at the moment, they are doing it unlimited until end sept. Orange will give you 1gb faster for the price of 500 with o2. T-mobile do a lot of unlimited deals, but have fair usage policies. Its a minefiled but they all do sim only deals for around 15 pounds a month with internet acces although they are [email protected] compared to the deals they'll give you with a phone.
thats good info there bill...but i think she wants 02 because all her friends are on 02 and they can call her free with their friends and family bolt on..

i was told that there are iphones on ebay today for approx 100 bucks..i havent looked yet but i will later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.