UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to you guys and girls that rent..do you regret renting? Reasons for yes and no?

I ask because right now I am in a position where I have had to move back home with my folks, having this year gone through divorce and bankruptcy! And I am only 25 lol...I dont want to get into any of my personal issues, however living back at home is driving me insane. I am thinking of moving out into a 1 bed flat purely for my own privacy and not to feel like a kid again, to feel like an adult once more!

However, worried also that I should stick out living at home, save as much while I can and buy in 2 years or so..but dont think I can stick it out! :confused1:

·
LEAGUE LEGEND!
3,104 Posts
Mate I'm 26 and I live at home, it's not great by any means but it's allowing me to get myself on my feet financially. I give my mum £150 a month and I buy my own food which I don't think is too bad a deal considering the price of bills + rent etc.

I considered moving out last year but I came to the conclusion that I would simlpy be p1ssing my money down the drain just to have somewhere to eat, sleep and sh1t as I am out of the house for 10+ hours everyday and at weekends.

A lot of people will tell you that renting is dead money and they are right, it's nice to have your own space but it comes at a pretty high cost.

At the end of the day it's up to you but I would say stick at home while you earn some extra £££££'s because at the end of the day, that's pretty hard to do when you are lining somebody else's pockets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Jock..what you have wrote is pretty much exactly how I feel! And it makes real sense.

Gymbabe, thanks. I made sure that even with renting, I can still save between 500-700 a month no problems. House share is a no no lol! I have thought about it, but I like my own space. Having lived with two expartners before I have yet to experience living on my own!

Ah..I guess I know what best, stay, stick it out and save! But viewing properties online gets me thinking waaay to much lol..!

·
Saffir meisie moet vernietig wees!!!!!!! Oorwinnin
3,228 Posts
Hey man, just saw this one.

I lived with my parents till Nov last year. I was 26 then. I hated every minute of living with them but I persevered and saved.

i have rented but then I decided why am I paying out money to pay someone else's mortgage when I could be paying my own? seemed daft when I thought about it.

Now I rent my flat out and let someone else pay the mortgage.

I never really saw renting as having my own place to be honest. I always felt like I was living in someone else's house, which I guess i was.

Some people due to circumstances have to rent, but if at all possible I would avoid it.

Plus it will be around 2010 before house prices start recovering i reckon, so if your saving a minimum of 500-700 pound a month, in 18 months you will have a 9000 to 12600 pound deposit. Thats a good 5% deposit on a 252,000 house.

i know what my choice would be, stick it out.

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Definately stick it out at home!!!

If I had the choice I would have done this and wouldn't be caught in the renting trap.

If you like living on your own and want to rent, budget for £1000 per month, outgoings including rent and bills. Money you could mostly save if you were with your folks.

hth

SD

·
Chasing 15 stone at 8% bf
2,661 Posts
True to all the above statements, you lived with them all through your life so a few more years wont harm you:thumbup1: i moved out last year and the renting, bills, council tax, tv license, etc etc leaves you with hardly anything. plus i doubt you will stay at home all day so just think of it as a place just to sleep in, and before you drift off to sleep just think of the beautiful house you will have:thumb:

·
Dieting :(
2,821 Posts
Got to agree with you guys. Renting is dead money. Have a deposit sorted though, so hopefully but my place soon, and pay for my mortgage rather than my landlord's! Hopefully rent a room out and have somebody help me :thumbup1:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys...I had been living away from home with ex gf's from a young age so I suppose its trying to adjust properly to being back at home. Your all right, stick it and save, thanks ppl, sometimes hearing others views back up your own is always good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.