UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much more protein should one eat when doing 2g test instead of 1 g test?? looking all over the net, found that 200mg test a week uped the protein syntese by ca 27% but if you dont need more than 300g protein to grow max on 1 g, do you then need 600g protein to grow max on 2 gram?? something i have been looking to find out for a loong time??

no need to eat 500g protein on 750 mg test if the body only use 400g, thinking about my money. so if somebody know please answer:)

250mg test =

500mg test =

1g Test =

1,5g test =

2g test =

·
Newbie Trainer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
remember i read something back at pro muscle, where someone said that yates used to up his cycle dose 10% each year, but why would he do that why didnt he just run the biggest dose he could afford and handle ?? or is it that the body regardles drug use can only use so much energy and build so much muscle in a year so he didnt use more before the body adapted to the dose?? say the body can only build 15 lbs of muscle each year regardles 1 or 2 g test as loong the diet and rest are in check..

just curious, no need for me to run 1,2 g test if i can grow the same on 750mg.. if someone know what i mean?? sorry for my bad english...

·
Newbie Trainer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hope to be contest ready at 205-210 lbs in 7 weeks:) no im 220lbs...

But offseason wll thats what i try to figure out, no need to get to fat offseason, thats why i try to figure what i need of protein, cycle dose, etc to get the best growth possible in a year, and im going to stay on steroid year round, never going off, or maybie back to trt dose when i getting tired of all the pining.. got like 100 vials of 400mg/ml 10 ml test, and well same with deca, eq, got 5000 iu HGH, 10 insulin pens and so on..

got it cheap from the factory:) dont ask any source....

and i dont gona juse it all, but i can use what i need to use witouth thinking about getting the gear...

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
Sammyboy said:
remember i read something back at pro muscle, where someone said that yates used to up his cycle dose 10% each year, but why would he do that why didnt he just run the biggest dose he could afford and handle ?? or is it that the body regardles drug use can only use so much energy and build so much muscle in a year so he didnt use more before the body adapted to the dose?? say the body can only build 15 lbs of muscle each year regardles 1 or 2 g test as loong the diet and rest are in check..

just curious, no need for me to run 1,2 g test if i can grow the same on 750mg.. if someone know what i mean?? sorry for my bad english...
You use what you need to grow at a reasonable rate. If you grow well on 500mg, you will grow faster on 1g. Not twice as fast though. Up to 2g and you will grow perhaps a little faster, but you have the associated sides with the increasing doses.

If you are 220lbs now and looking to step on stage at 205lbs is, you should be fairly cut up already.

·
Newbie Trainer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RyanClarke said:
your in that shape and ready for stage, but have only just found out that proteins building the muscle? strange lol
lol, m8 i didnt say that :) but i was asking will it be better to do 700g protein than 500g is it any point will the body manage to utilize it?? or will it just use it as energy?? if so its cheaper to go 500g and more carbs and good fat...

so please dont think im a idiot :p

i have built myself from 136lbs to 220 lbs and lost some % fat in 3 years so i know whats inportant for my body, but the question was:

if i do 1 g test EW will the body need 500g to grow the best or 600g or 1000g for that sake, if you know what i mean?? ofcourse i know protein is important to grow, but how much is to much??

·
If you always do what you've always done, you&
344 Posts
Most of the pro's who are really huge eat around 500/700g of Protein a day from the articles I have read depending on their weights, so I would say it doesn't increase in direct correlation with dosages, as I am pretty sure some of them take insane dosages!

If you have your calories worked out and all the ratios, ie 40 40 20 and so on, then just assess whether you are growing or not. It won't hurt to try adding a bit more protein and seeing if that helps you to grow, if it doesn't then maybe its not needed - if it does then listen to your body and see how it responds. Providing you are getting the carbs and fats right, as these are just as important when you are looking for every last bit of gain.

Unfortunately nothing is really set in stone and it takes a long time to work out what exactly works for each individual, I would have thought at the upper limit around 350/400g of Protein per day for you on those dosages would be enough, but then its down to the individual! Some people can grow like mad on 250g a day!

·
Ex-mod
4,744 Posts
Do you mean utilise, not absorb? If you couldn't absorb it then it'd get shat out... :D

Of all the macro nutrients protein is the hardest to convert to fat, using about 25% of the available energy to do so. So 3g of protein will make 1g of fat. As long as you're fit and healthy it's better to overdo it on protein than carbs... more expensive, mind.

To the OP, remember the law of dimishing returns!

·
Mr Universe
6,244 Posts
im a firm believer that the reported high doses of protein 400g+ are all attempts by supps companies to get us to buy their products

and besides this, your protein intake shouldnt be related closely to your gear intake.....more to the point, it should be related closely to LBM

if your LBM is circa 200lbs....then i would say 500g is double what you need

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.