UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, I have been on and off the gym for about 2 years now, and within the last 20 weeks or so made the decision to fully get into the lifestyle as opposed to being one of those guys who never progresses.

I am 19 in a few months, 6 foot 4 and 12 stone 3 with 6.2% body fat. In short, I am very lean but have good strength for my size.

I weigh roughly 80kg, and bench 10 reps of 70kg, squat 10 reps of 90kg and deadlift 10 reps 80kg. All 4 sets each.

I also can do about 12 pull ups to failure, dropping down a few reps each set until 4 sets.

That is a basic outline of my strength/size.

As you might have guessed though, I want to be bigger and stronger, and have set up a diet and routine that I am following well, and want advice as to how to improve it if I can, what I'm missing etc.

I used to do 4 day splits, but 3 weeks ago changed to 3 day splits and it feels like I can put a lot more effort in. As you can see I have also based it around compound movements.

Push/pull/legs is the routine

Day 1: (Monday, Push)

Bench press 4 x 10 reps

military press 4 x 10 reps

tricep dips 4 x 10 reps

tricep pull down 4 x 10 reps (last set after 10 reps drop weight down, then to failure, drop weight down, to failure etc to exhaust tri's)

Day 2: (Wednesday, Pull)

Chin ups 4 x 10 reps

Deadlift 4 x 10 reps

seated row 4 x 10 reps

EZ bar curl 4 x 10 reps

Day 3: (Friday, Legs)

Squats 4 x 10 reps

Lunges 4 x 10 reps

Leg Press 4 x 10 reps

Calve raises 4 x 10 reps

Also on each day I am doing 5 sets of press ups to warm up (following the '100 press up challenge' 6 week thing as A side goal). and do some abs work at the end of every session whilst stretching off. I am 100% committed to lifting the weight when I am there, no messing around, roughly 60 secs rest time between sets I would say. Also I am not hitting 4 x 10 reps on a lot of exercises, mostly It would look something like 10 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps. 4 x 10 is just the goal, and when I hit the goal, I increase the weight. Weights used etc. is documented.

Now for diet.

The diet I follow is one I have set up for myself because it is affordable and achievable, I just need to nail the consistency of it a little more, some days I miss a meal due to other plans etc. A typical day looks like this:

Morning: 50g oats, banana, orange juice and water

11:30: Chicken breast sandwich, water

2:00: either boots meal deal (3 sandwiches with various fillings such as prawns, chicken and bacon or chicken and lettuce) or something like a chicken and bacon subway with cheese, lettuce, peppers. This is because I work in town,

5:00 pre workout meal:

half cup of rice, chicken breast/wholemeal bread, 4 scrambled eggs

6:00 workout

7:30 main meal, either pasta with chicken, rice with steak/chicken, pork and potatoes etc.

11:00 small snack i.e. chicken burger, chicken sandwich.

All through day I only drink water, milk or orange juice.

Does the diet sound okay, and do I need to add supplements? I.e. weight gain and/or protein shakes/creatine?

I will have the money to invest in some of these next week, due to pay day.

Cheers guys, sorry for the long post and I hope to progress!!!

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Diet needs work, not enough protein. Try to break the diet down into kcals, protein, carbs and fat. Use fitday.com or similar.

You are 6 foot 4 and 12 stone 3 with 6.2% body fat = eat more fckin food.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
Huntingground said:
Diet needs work, not enough protein. Try to break the diet down into kcals, protein, carbs and fat. Use fitday.com or similar.

You are 6 foot 4 and 12 stone 3 with 6.2% body fat = eat more fckin food.
x2. Training routine sounds ok but you will need about 3 times as much food. (poss an exageration but you get the idea!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.