UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gym Addict
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think of push press as a mass builder compared to other lifts such as military press, seated DB press? how useful is it for bodybuilding purposes? ive been reading a lot the articles on Tnation and CT considers them the best shoulder builder.

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Try it and see. Different things work for different people.

Skull Crushers are meant to be one of the best Tricep builders, but they don't really do anything for me, I get much better results from CGBP. So....try it and find out.

Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

I've found Military Presses best for building my shoulders. But that's just me.

·
Fatty Bum-Bum
1,075 Posts
Only recently started doing these and really enjoy them,

doing them at the end of a delt workout a the minute, with a nice slow negative.

Might have a pop at the start of the WO when I'm fresher - hopefully then I can go heavier :)

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
I've always considered push press to be the same as military or the jerk of a clean/jerk.

Personally I prefer military press, its more focused upon your shoulder and you can control it a lot more (as your not using your less to "push", but this is my view).

I personally find the push press strains my shoulder joint a lot, where as military doesn't (and i get more of a pump from this).

I prefer light weight clean jerk to burn off lol.

·
Gym Addict
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jake said:
Hang clean to push press is my favourite upper body exercise.

Adds lots of power and mass to shoulders and upper back (inc traps).
ive started doing some power clean + push presses now. could really feel my traps. any advantage to the hang clean compared to the standard power clean?

·
keeping it tight
1,179 Posts
pp is my main shoulder exercise love it wont switch it for anything else.

ill only rotate my second exercises between mill press and db oh press - (all the way down but with no lock out)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.