UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ditched my gym membership of £36 a month and purchased a powertec power rack for my home. I already have a bench and enough weight for the moment. I have read so much lately about natural bodybuilding and the 'main lifts' that I thought 9 months gym membership and bus journeys was enough to make my purchase. Does anyone else find they can workout from home and see as good, if not better gains? I have to say, its the routines I have done at home in the past that have seen my biggest results.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I am going the same route as you mate,

I am getting this month

235 k of weight

20k 7 foot oly bar

Incline/Decline bench with Preacher attachment and Leg attachment

Easy Bar

Tricep Bar

Rack

Olly Dumbells.

Then in 2 months time I will be getting a power rack with a lat pull attachment...

I think its a great idea, I can do every thing on it, I really can. No travelling, no waiting for kit, can start preping a meal after I work out.

Good times

·
Premium Member
22,829 Posts
I did it a year ago and i am stronger on most lifts than i ever have been.

Just ensure you get a decent bench because you really will notice when trying to press off a poor quality bench.

If you search through all my posts i have wrote a fair bit about exercises i can do etc

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
apart from the space issue here, I actually like the motivation of going to the gym. That is my 'Me' time, away from home, work, kids, wife etc.

Nothing wrong with training at home but it doesn't suit everyone.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Im busy constructing my own 12ft by 18ft backyard gym, and will be having a power rack and dip bar etc etc all custom made by a mate who's a welder.

No reason why you can't get strong at home, I use very basic exercises though, so perfect really.

·
Newbie Trainer
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a bit side tracked with the jessica alba pic. there is something beastly about a power rack.

i can understand the bench thing now you mention it. at the moment i have a york one, not the cheapest but no where near the most expensive. hopefully it will do for the moment until i get some more funds. how much did you spend on yours?

i also understand people enjoying going to the gym, i did too, and yes, it is 'me' time, but i live on my own anyway so get plenty of that. i think if the gym does really motivate you though, it is worth the money.

yetiman, it looks like you are going all out. i like that. i def need some more weight but intend just to add more things as money comes in, slowly but surely. is that actually you in your pic? i am addicted to that program.

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
my bench was £229 as was the powercage

both from the same place

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/utility_benches/bodysolid_flat_incline_decline_benchfull_commerical_grey/7080_p.html

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/power_cages/powerline_power_rack_grey/8847_p.html

i personally have always trained at home, and have only trained in a gym once, i find once the equipment is purchased it makes things a lot easier

obviously there is the initial outlay of buying the equipment but if i throw a figure of £750 at you for a decent amount of weight, a power cage and a bench

do £750 divided by the cost of a gym membership and i get 1.5 years

i know i made the right choice :)

·
Newbie Trainer
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, definitely, thats what made me order. i did some math 2 days ago and today made my purchase. im going to be sticking to just the 'main lifts' for at least 2 years i would have thought, maybe more so like you, it makes sense. might have to keep a look out for a second hand bench as i know i cant be affording that anytime soon. one day though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts