UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
united>england
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want 2 get 1 of these for xmas but dont know what 1 to get i always played the playstation but not sure what 2 get next im getting it for mainly playing pro evolution i want 2 play it online but not sure which is best for that.can anyone whos got 1 let me know what its like

thanks

G

·
have you read my mind lol

just been asking the same question on the games thread, think i am going to go for an xbox 360 as the ps3 doesnt do anything extra (that i am interested in), and the 360 is much cheaper

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Reasons please chaps?

360 generally has a higher FPS rate,

Games are generally 1080p and in most reviews when compared to PS3 xbox has better graphics,

Achievement system which is a lot better than the ps3 gay thing.

More exclusives

XBOX coding is tried and tested and games has less performance issues than the PS3 as there tech is still rather new.

The whole for windows/xbox thing as well, you can use your xbox ID to play the windows games

Xbox generally has more "pro" play on it, by this I mean more game tournaments are done on 360, if you are in to that kind of thing.

A much better online friend/group system, a update is coming out on the 19th of next month, one feature is you can all go in to a room before you even load up a game (8 of you) and you can all join the same game from there.

Also if you want cheap HD movies.... Then you can get a HDDVD player with like a zillion movies for pennys!

PS3 Plus points

Bluray player

MGS4 - well worth the PS3 for that one game.

·
Gym Addict
174 Posts
I have had both and for me it's PS3 all the way. As siad above, it's also one of the best blue ray players around and along with the PLAY TV, you have a proper multimedia system and you also have the great games for it.

G

·
PS3 because thats what i bought a couple of days ago lol....i know nothing about computers or consoles but i think PS3 is pretty damn cool especially Turuk online.

·
Russian for breakfast lunch and supper
659 Posts
YetiMan said:
Reasons please chaps?

Games are generally 1080p and in most reviews when compared to PS3 xbox has better graphics,

More exclusives

XBOX coding is tried and tested and games has less performance issues than the PS3 as there tech is still rather new.

The whole for windows/xbox thing as well, you can use your xbox ID to play the windows games

Xbox generally has more "pro" play on it, by this I mean more game tournaments are done on 360, if you are in to that kind of thing.

A much better online friend/group system, a update is coming out on the 19th of next month, one feature is you can all go in to a room before you even load up a game (8 of you) and you can all join the same game from there.

Also if you want cheap HD movies.... Then you can get a HDDVD player with like a zillion movies for pennys!

PS3 Plus points

Bluray player

MGS4 - well worth the PS3 for that one game.
Spot on and I have both now and have come to the same conclusion as above.

·
HULK SMASH!!!
8,498 Posts
I got a PS3, got for blue ray player..

Got MGS4, but never played dont get time..

Also got guitar hero 3, thats pretty cool, hate the fact you have to unlock all the songs tho:cursing: :cursing:

Wanted to play guns and roses, but stuck with bl00dy Alice cooper schools out..

Actually any codes to unlock would be good:thumb:

·
'Sua Tela Tonanti'
108 Posts
PS3 - online gaming is free, no need for live etc.

COD4 awesome mindless killing. Also good avi support for external hard drive films music vids etc

Got 360 too but not rally my thing

·
Getting there!
3,868 Posts
YetiMan said:
Reasons please chaps?

More exclusives

Most people don't look at it this way, for me the ps3 just feels better quality, no red rings of death or any of that nonsense. I don't worry about it overheating. I don't worry about the battery pack which you pay extra for falling off. The games for me just seem better, for the type of games I want to play.

·
EFBB Winner
3,552 Posts
I have both the PS3 I use basically as a media centre (for which its beats the 360 hands down) and the 360 keeps the kids happy upstairs with game "backups" :)

Theres nothing between them games wise, the PS3 is very marginally better in that respect id say.

I would go for the 360 if your main plan is to play games!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.