UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
] So i've been going to the gym for a month or two now and really starting to like it, im looking at proteins but i came to a hault when i saw that there are "Diet Proteins"​

Here are the links to the proteins i have narrowed down to
https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html?rctxt=default.

https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-diet-whey/10530657.html?autocomplete=productsuggestion

https://www.phd-supplements.com/diet-whey-powder.html

Few questions, do you simply drink "diet proteins" instead of my meals completely? Do these "diet proteins" work for after my workouts, theres much more protein per scoop in these diet ones so im confused on why people would simply buy the normal stuff.​

Appreciate any forms of help/tips! Cheers!

·
Newbie Trainer
309 Posts
What you should be looking at is the protein content per 100g. The impact whey is 82g per 100g and the diet version is a mere 65g. Plus, a scoop can be any size. A serving can be any size. So to answer your question, no. There is no benefit to getting the diet whey. Won't taste good either. And if you're trying to lose weight, your total calorie intake is what matters. Not whether or not your protein is diet protein. Hope this helps mate.

·
ô¿ô
16,669 Posts
I'll keep this simple: do not buy any product that calls itself a 'diet protein'. You end up paying far more money for additional ingredients that don't do anything useful.

Stick to a simple whey protein concentrate, like the MP Impact Whey you're looking at, or Pure Whey from Bulk Powders (which personally I prefer). Don't buy from either company without at least 25% off the headline price though, and 30+% offers come round fairly often too.

To lose fat you need to eat fewer calories than you use. Tracking your diet in Myfitnesspal is an excellent way to gain understanding and control of the calories you eat. If you're totally new to this, track your current diet and weight for a couple of weeks. If you end up losing weight just stick to what you're doing. If your weight stays the same or goes up, reduce total daily calories by 300-500 kcal, stick to this for a while and then reassess.

·
Looking Freaky
6,997 Posts
I'll keep this simple: do not buy any product that calls itself a 'diet protein'. You end up paying far more money for additional ingredients that don't do anything useful.

Stick to a simple whey protein concentrate, like the MP Impact Whey you're looking at, or Pure Whey from Bulk Powders (which personally I prefer). Don't buy from either company without at least 25% off the headline price though, and 30+% offers come round fairly often too.

To lose fat you need to eat fewer calories than you use. Tracking your diet in Myfitnesspal is an excellent way to gain understanding and control of the calories you eat. If you're totally new to this, track your current diet and weight for a couple of weeks. If you end up losing weight just stick to what you're doing. If your weight stays the same or goes up, reduce total daily calories by 300-500 kcal, stick to this for a while and then reassess.
diet protein usually has more cals in too.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I've been using that diet protein, in fact another 5K bag arrived for me today.

Personally, I've been using it for 3 months now, and I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. However that's probably more to do with the intermittent fasting.

I'm no bodybuilder mind, just someone who has gotten into lifting the last couple of years.

·
Newbie Trainer
33 Posts

Agree with this. Tracking in MyFitnessPal is the best step you will make, just being able to really see what you consume makes a massive difference

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
Impact Whey: 412 calories and 82g of protein per 100g.

Diet Whey: 372 calories and 65g of protein per 100g.

Just buy the Impact Whey and use less of it, similar calorie and protein intake and works out cheaper all-round.

·
Registered
35 Posts
all these products are only good marketing. Too bad for health. You can buy ordinary protein and make a drink at home. It is more nutritious and cheaper than others.
If you work on your body, do not forget that 70% of the results provide you with the right diet

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
The only protein powder I would consider 'diet' would be unflavoured Whey Isolate. It doesn't affect your diet, but it has less carbs and fat than standard protein and therefore could be considered the most 'diet friendly' (if there is such a thing).

Some 'diet' protein powders have some added 'diet' supplements (such as CLA or green tea extract) but never in a sufficient dose to make a difference (if it even made a difference when taken at the correct dose).

It's like seeing protein bars with added creatine. It's a marketing gimmick and should be seen as a red flag. Most people know what creatine is, but your either on it or your not. Adding a bit to a bar makes no difference to those on, nor the ones off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.