UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I am still fairly new to the world of BB. I have a rugby background, and until recently have basically eaten what I want!

Long story short, I am very overweight but also large frame and strong. Training is going well, and I now realise I need to shift some fat to start SEEING the results of my hard work. Main fat area is stomach. A nutritionist through the gym who had a similar journey met with me and discussed goals etc.

He said 250g Protein, 60g Carbs, and minimal fat as a starting point. I asked to confirm per meal or per day as 250g per meal seems a sh1t ton of food! He said, yep per meal. So carbs, that's about a handful of pasta so it seemed fair enough. Either way, a lot less carbs than I was having so results looked inevitable.

Today however, I met up with a different gym guy who overhead me talking to the original guy, and he said 'no no no, you misunderstood, he meant 250g protein etc per day.

WTF? So that makes sense with protein, as its fairly spread out, but 60g across the day, is like zilch!!! That would be a couple of pasta shells!

Now i'm really confused and don't know what to do. I have asked for confirmation, but they both still maintain they are right!

Could someone explain, is it likely to be per day or per meal?

Please dont bombard me with NEW info though. I love all the guidance etc, but I am just trying to get sorted on this first.

Thanks

MM

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't listen to the nutritionist, starting a diet off on 60g carbs is stupid.

Google "Calorie deficit calculator" and enter your weight, activity level etc and it'll give you the calories you need to lose weight.

Split those calories into protein, fats and carbs and monitor your weight for a week. If you're dropping weight, don't adjust anything. If you're gaining weight, lower the calories.

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
Work out how many calories you are eating now by keeping a food diary and then eat about 500 calories less. Protein per day you need about 1g per pound of bodyweight. You don't need exactly 1g per pound of bodyweight it can be slightly less don't stress too much about it just get about 1g per pound. Then make up the rest of your calories from fats and carbs. The exact ratio of carbs to fats is not that important as long as you hit your calories target but carbs are a better energy source for exercise.

But to answer your question the 250g protein would be per day but even that is a lot of protein and probably much more than you need. It wont do you any harm to eat that much but it is an expensive way to eat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.