UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can't seem to lose much body fat currently.?? Need some help and tips please.

Aiming to lose between 7-10lbs, around 10% bf is my goals. Some ab visibility would be nice...sigh!!

I train 4-5 times a week weights and cardio (30-45mins)

cardio - I put my heart rate at 130-145bpm (75% - 80% for a 40yr old fart)

Stats:

Height:6'5"

Weight: 232lbs

Waist: 98cm (aiming to get this down to 86cm)

Calories:

Around 2,600cals

C: 195g

P: 275g

F: 75g

Calories are tracked in MFP. Rarely it can go to 3,000cals but the cardio brings back to the baseline calories.

diet:

brekkie: red meat, salmon with 20g pecans or macadamias.

mid morning: nothing

Lunch:

150g cooked chicken or turkey

salad

Pod yoghurt

mid afternoon:

banana (pre workout)

billtong

grenade carb killa bar

dinner:

Cod, haddock, chicken, turkey

bag of steamed veg

training: Push/Pull/Legs + 30-45min treadmill

supper: PWO

80g porridge

Optimum nutrition whey x 2 scoops

Added pics, to give you an idea of progress thus far. Some way to go yet :)

Cheek Joint Chin Hand Stomach
Face Joint Head Stomach Shoulder

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fantastic responsive forum and a very good detailed first post Dave.

if I were you (which I am) I would do more cardio, maybe you need more inner chest work too?

but I think you're on your own with this, it's what works for you.

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
How long have you been dieting so far? What was the fat los like up until this point of plateau?

re: the lack of response, the Losing Weight subforum is quite dead as it's mostly a simple process that many don't ask about (not trying to have a go or take the piss, just saying generally).

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Can't seem to lose much body fat currently.?? Need some help and tips please.

Aiming to lose between 7-10lbs, around 10% bf is my goals. Some ab visibility would be nice...sigh!!

I train 4-5 times a week weights and cardio (30-45mins)

cardio - I put my heart rate at 130-145bpm (75% - 80% for a 40yr old fart)

Stats:

Height:6'5"

Weight: 232lbs

Waist: 98cm (aiming to get this down to 86cm)

Calories:

Around 2,600cals

C: 195g

P: 275g

F: 75g

Calories are tracked in MFP. Rarely it can go to 3,000cals but the cardio brings back to the baseline calories.

diet:

brekkie: red meat, salmon with 20g pecans or macadamias.

mid morning: nothing

Lunch:

salad

Pod yoghurt

mid afternoon:

banana (pre workout)

billtong

grenade carb killa bar

dinner:

Cod, haddock, chicken, turkey

bag of steamed veg

training: Push/Pull/Legs + 30-45min treadmill

supper: PWO

80g porridge

Optimum nutrition whey x 2 scoops

Added pics, to give you an idea of progress thus far. Some way to go yet :)

View attachment 147345 View attachment 147346
The body gets used to what you are doing very quickly, the way to keep losing weight/fat is to keep tricking it.

The last thing I like to do is lower calories, but if all else below fails you will have to.

Just 50 - 100 calories should get things moving again, but again do this last.

My top tips for fat loss are.

30 mins fasted morning cardio, just Liss on a incline treadmill, this way unless you had a massive carb meal before bed, the body has to switch to burning fat for fuel.

Again you will find that the body will get used to any routine, so either keep adding more minutes in or maybe do twice a day.

Have a cheat meal once a week, or set aside a few hours where you can eat what you want, this not only gives you something to look forward to but also raises leptin levels.

Other things that may work for you,

Intermittent fasting, 16/8, miss breakfast and have your first meal at 1pm then get all your meals/macros in until 8pm evening then don't eat again until 1pm.

I also use carb cycling when cutting,

Mon - low carb

Tues - low carb

Wed- low carb

Thurs- high carb

Fri- med carb

Sat - low carb

I usually work the high carb day on a Fri or Sat so I can eat out with the missus, but you get the idea.

Another thing to remember is that whilst ever you are on a deficit you're not building muscle, all you are doing is at best maintaining, and also burning more calories.

Another thing, are you 'Natty' or 'assisted'?

Losing weight to low bf levels naturally will drop your natural test levels dramatically, something to consider.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The body gets used to what you are doing very quickly, the way to keep losing weight/fat is to keep tricking it.

The last thing I like to do is lower calories, but if all else below fails you will have to.

Just 50 - 100 calories should get things moving again, but again do this last.

My top tips for fat loss are.

30 mins fasted morning cardio, just Liss on a incline treadmill, this way unless you had a massive carb meal before bed, the body has to switch to burning fat for fuel.

Again you will find that the body will get used to any routine, so either keep adding more minutes in or maybe do twice a day.

Have a cheat meal once a week, or set aside a few hours where you can eat what you want, this not only gives you something to look forward to but also raises Leprin levels.

Other things that may work for you,

Intermittent fasting, 16/8, miss breakfast and have your first meal at 1pm then get all your meals/macros in until 8pm evening then don't eat again until 1pm.

I also use carb cycling when cutting,

Mon - low carb

Tues - low carb

Wed- low carb

Thurs- high carb

Fri- med carb

Sat - low carb

I usually work the high carb day on a Fri or Sat so I can eat out with the missus, but you get the idea.

Another thing to remember is that whilst ever you are on a deficit you're not building muscle, all you are doing is at best maintaining, and also burning more calories.

Another thing, are you 'Natty' or 'assisted'?

Losing weight to low bf levels naturally will drop your natural test levels dramatically, something to consider.

Good luck.
Thanks for this Sparkey, that will really help me out massively. I've found avoiding insulin spikes mid day help, so I tend look for foods that are <5g sugar per 100g

2600 cals is comfortable enough not to have a blow out for me so I won't go much lower than that really. Probably carbs are too high day in and day out so I will carb cycle as you mentioned. Also, fasting will work nicely as I'm rushed off my feet.

All an easy peasy blueprint strategy for everyone eh... as I'mNotAPevert mentioned above, that's why half of Great Britain are all ripped and jacked!!?? Errrmmmm. :|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.