UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my medicheck blood test it turns out my T3 is too high, I’ve wanted to go private for a while so reckon now is the perfect time to.

Any suggestions? I’ll prob do it for me and mrs.Shrimp at the same time, anywhere to recommend and more importantly anywhere to avoid??

·
The future depends on what you do today
14,922 Posts
Would an NHS blood test not be suffice and then get prescription medication?

One downside of private care, is that medication is to be paid for.
Unsure on lifelong medication though

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would an NHS blood test not be suffice and then get prescription medication?

One downside of private care, is that medication is to be paid for.
Unsure on lifelong medication though
It wasnt just for the T3 problem, but after I did a blood test and it was highlighted it makes me think private might be the best route?
I have a NHS prepayment thing for my medication. Would this not cover anything scripted from private?

·
Getting HUGE!
4,818 Posts
It wasnt just for the T3 problem, but after I did a blood test and it was highlighted it makes me think private might be the best route?
I have a NHS prepayment thing for my medication. Would this not cover anything scripted from private?
With private, chronic conditions or treatment that requires ongoing routine and monitoring will eventually have an att applied against you and no longer be able to claim and in addition any other treatment that would be associated or linked to that condition.
Private health care def is worth it if you can afford it. I worked in health insurance for 5 years, got experience of quite of few of the departments. You can pm questions if you like I be happy to try and answer.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
With private, chronic conditions or treatment that requires ongoing routine and monitoring will eventually have an att applied against you and no longer be able to claim and in addition any other treatment that would be associated or linked to that condition.
Private health care def is worth it if you can afford it. I worked in health insurance for 5 years, got experience of quite of few of the departments. You can pm questions if you like I be happy to try and answer.
The way I see private health care is that it used to be super quick and efficient however that was when it was out of reach of Joe public, nowadays you can get private health care as a benefit with things such as Bank accounts.

So with the massive uptake of it by Joe public it has basically become NHS 2.0 in that it doesn't 'feel' exclusive and the service isn't what it used to be either.

Kinda like driving a range rover, used to be that if you saw someone driving one you knew they had cash and from a service point of view you were taken care of but now the service is shite because every cunt has one.

Don't get me wrong, if you need something expedited then private wins all day. I waited 3 years for a back op on the NHS but less than 2 months when I went private.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The way I see private health care is that it used to be super quick and efficient however that was when it was out of reach of Joe public, nowadays you can get private health care as a benefit with things such as Bank accounts.

So with the massive uptake of it by Joe public it has basically become NHS 2.0 in that it doesn't 'feel' exclusive and the service isn't what it used to be either.

Kinda like driving a range rover, used to be that if you saw someone driving one you knew they had cash and from a service point of view you were taken care of but now the service is shite because every cunt has one.

Don't get me wrong, if you need something expedited then private wins all day. I waited 3 years for a back op on the NHS but less than 2 months when I went private.
I’m thinking for getting this T3 sorted quickly.
I’ve been referred to a private hospital to have my foot operated on and they’re so efficient. Every appointment I’m seen within 5 mins.
Sadly the NHS clearly believe the old saying “time is a healer” as everything takes forever with them

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Was your blood test private ?
As if no your nhs records private insurance probably wouldn't cover as a known preexisting condition, obviously private health you can pretty much pay for what you want.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was your blood test private ?
As if no your nhs records private insurance probably wouldn't cover as a known preexisting condition, obviously private health you can pretty much pay for what you want.
Yeh it was from Medichecks. I was just gonna go and say I tho j I ah w symptoms for high T3 and when they test, surprise surprise, high T3

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
I’m thinking for getting this T3 sorted quickly.
I’ve been referred to a private hospital to have my foot operated on and they’re so efficient. Every appointment I’m seen within 5 mins.
Sadly the NHS clearly believe the old saying “time is a healer” as everything takes forever with them
So many preventative ilnesdes they are clogged up with imo

·
Getting HUGE!
4,818 Posts
Yeh it was from Medichecks. I was just gonna go and say I tho j I ah w symptoms for high T3 and when they test, surprise surprise, high T3
You could enquire about an sme policy
That were you can get access to particular terms like medical history disregarded. But if it was private and you have no history under the NHS then that can't prove its pre existing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts