UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M just getting back into training again starting small in the house before I go back to training at the gym prop I have had a few yrs lay off coz of an injury and healing but a have no motivation at all to even get my arse off the sofa to walk up stairs to do a workout to get back into it any you guys no a good pre workout that ain't just all caffeine and actually you can feel kick in and will make me get up and go train for a while even though I have to still be careful as my spine will never heal never used a prework out but twice yrs ago one when it hit me made me bit anxious being round other guys in the gym till I made myself start training then I was not so bad other one made me bit para and jittery coz of the caffeine any suggestions guys as am going up town later to protein shop so could do with some real advice from guys who use the stuff

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've had issues and had to have a long break from it too. I was glad to get back. It's a long time since I used a pre workout, and like you, one made me feel strange. If you are going to a protein shop they will have good ones like USN's B4 Bomb and BCAA Power Punch. These get good rewiews but are nearly £20. If you have a Holland & Barrett, they may have a deal on and check their website, soon as it comes up look at the top to see if there is another 15 or 20% off. You will need a code. There are reviews for pre workouts to on the internet. Can't help any further as I don't use them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. I've had issues and had to have a long break from it too. I was glad to get back. It's a long time since I used a pre workout, and like you, one made me feel strange. If you are going to a protein shop they will have good ones like USN's B4 Bomb and BCAA Power Punch. These get good rewiews but are nearly £20. If you have a Holland & Barrett, they may have a deal on and check their website, soon as it comes up look at the top to see if there is another 15 or 20% off. You will need a code. There are reviews for pre workouts to on the internet. Can't help any further as I don't use them.
I am going to protein shop soon and as a said I only tried one preworkout before a lad from the gym who used to sell roofs sold this drink in a bottle sure it was banned her red bottle so a got one out curiosity mate said just take a mouth t but my mouth full sank half the bottle with in ten min a was buzzing out my tits but then coz a was in a gym with people all around me a started. Fealing anxious not massively but enough to feel like it was adrenaline kicking in from the fear side so a just grabbed the bar for doing back rows. Banging out heavy reps and once I concentrated on that it seemed to settle down and a was fine after that and every time I went to that gym coz a needed heavier weights on certain body parts than my usual gym had and a used to train at this gym yrs ago as a kid and new the owner well he even gave me a key so a could train any time day or night coz he new from before am awake all night like an owl and asleep during the day so when I had my car I would just drive out buy a. Bottle of this stuff put money in a tub for is but it got kind of addictive the buzz from it once used to it and I ended up needing to take more and more of it to get the same affect but was good stuff wish I new what it was and it was not all mega dosed of caffeine and looking for something in a red bottle is like looking for a needle in a hay stack I never usually needed a prework out but a got a multi gym to use at home to try get bit strength and weight back on though struggling to get my appitite back also just moving from the sofa to up stairs is a mission you always say do it later in the end you misted the day a need something not fully of caffeine that can make me anxious and jittery that gives you a buzz and boost of energy but have no idea what to get don't want to goto the shop ask the owner for his advice and he hits me with some expensive shit that does nothing

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think I know what you mean about the shots in a bottle. A gym in my town sells them and there are different strengths. A seasoned bodybuilder told me about them laughing, he said the strong ones make you want to wreck the gym and send you a bit strange. Sorry, never tried them and I don't see this guy the same as he is not a taxi driver now. So what you say how the one you used made you train, could be the same pre workout. If I see the guy again I will ask as I can't remember the gym either.

Just decide to use your multigym and do it, you will feel a lot better for doing it. And once you start, that keeps you going.

Holland & Barrett are great and will help you. They do cheaper ones too, it's just I remember USN's products.

I will try and find out what the shots in bottles are called, it just may take me time...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I know what you mean about the shots in a bottle. A gym in my town sells them and there are different strengths. A seasoned bodybuilder told me about them laughing, he said the strong ones make you want to wreck the gym and send you a bit strange. Sorry, never tried them and I don't see this guy the same as he is not a taxi driver now. So what you say how the one you used made you train, could be the same pre workout. If I see the guy again I will ask as I can't remember the gym either.

Just decide to use your multigym and do it, you will feel a lot better for doing it. And once you start, that keeps you going.

Holland & Barrett are great and will help you. They do cheaper ones too, it's just I remember USN's products.

I will try and find out what the shots in bottles are called, it just may take me time...
Cheers mate just going up town now to get some protein anyway a will have a look about get some preworkout to try as a one off see what guy who owns the gym recommends as a no he sells gear under the counter and a pro bodybuilder gets his gear for him so hopefully he won't bullshit me just to try sell some expensive shit coz a won't be buying it

·
King of the Ring
5,152 Posts
Cheers mate just going up town now to get some protein anyway a will have a look about get some preworkout to try as a one off see what guy who owns the gym recommends as a no he sells gear under the counter and a pro bodybuilder gets his gear for him so hopefully he won't bullshit me just to try sell some expensive shit coz a won't be buying it
I use Performance charge from Bodybuilding warehouse. Same as where I get my whey from. Usually half 50% off deals. Doesn’t leave me feeling wired. Reckon you’ll pay more from protein/vitamin shops in high street.

Good you’re getting back into the gym 👍 Be great to get the muscles in/around spine to support previous injury.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah a will pay more in the shop am just getting some there the now till I find something on the net close to what I used to use and a wee tub if preworkout to do me till a can have a good look on the net only using the shop for small tubs to do me for this week till a find stuff am happy with to order a have ran out of every thing so need something to stand in for just now

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am going to protein shop soon and as a said I only tried one preworkout before a lad from the gym who used to sell roofs sold this drink in a bottle sure it was banned her red bottle so a got one out curiosity mate said just take a mouth t but my mouth full sank half the bottle with in ten min a was buzzing out my tits but then coz a was in a gym with people all around me a started. Fealing anxious not massively but enough to feel like it was adrenaline kicking in from the fear side so a just grabbed the bar for doing back rows. Banging out heavy reps and once I concentrated on that it seemed to settle down and a was fine after that and every time I went to that gym coz a needed heavier weights on certain body parts than my usual gym had and a used to train at this gym yrs ago as a kid and new the owner well he even gave me a key so a could train any time day or night coz he new from before am awake all night like an owl and asleep during the day so when I had my car I would just drive out buy a. Bottle of this stuff put money in a tub for is but it got kind of addictive the buzz from it once used to it and I ended up needing to take more and more of it to get the same affect but was good stuff wish I new what it was and it was not all mega dosed of caffeine and looking for something in a red bottle is like looking for a needle in a hay stack I never usually needed a prework out but a got a multi gym to use at home to try get bit strength and weight back on though struggling to get my appitite back also just moving from the sofa to up stairs is a mission you always say do it later in the end you misted the day a need something not fully of caffeine that can make me anxious and jittery that gives you a buzz and boost of energy but have no idea what to get don't want to goto the shop ask the owner for his advice and he hits me with some expensive shit that does nothing
thought about going to a publisher with this masterpiece?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
You can add l-teacrine to stimulants to take some of that "edge" off that makes you feel funny.

But to be honest the best pre-workout is a banana and some loud music

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes never used to use preworkout just that a have been on a lay off from the gym for yrs coz of a motor bike accident and am a good bit older now a just have absolutely no motivation at all were even yrs ago on top form a still felt like I had no motivation used to just eat some carbs HR before and a couple of bananas and a coffee before I went but I just had to drag my arse to the car and drive to the gym and once I was there and a done a warm up I was ready to blast any weight Infront of me for two hrs five days a week now a can't even get the energy to get off the sofa with out saying a will start in an HR and so on till it gets to late and you want to just settle down watch TV and goto sleep it's unbelievable a just need to go up stairs to use a multi gym I got while the covid kicked in and if a make it up the stairs am so unfit after doing nothing for so long lying in a hospital bed wasting away with no appetite a look like I have never seen a gym so it's starting all over again witch ain't good for your confidence and motivation playing with baby weights on a multi gym and I have ADHD and even they don't give me any energy to get off my arse witch you would think would coz they pure stimulants a have tried one preworkout yrs ago just to see what they did made me bit anxious as a said till I started working out and it settled down a bit and a had no problems with motivation back then was just to see what it was like it's a trial run with something to see if it will give me a kick up the arse till I get back into working out again but a have no clue what one to try seen a thing on YouTube with guys testing a few out saying they were more euphoric ones but had you buzzing out your nut as if you were going clubbing or something a need to get something that gives me that energy boost to get. Me want to go exercise

·
King of the Ring
5,152 Posts
Yes never used to use preworkout just that a have been on a lay off from the gym for yrs coz of a motor bike accident and am a good bit older now a just have absolutely no motivation at all were even yrs ago on top form a still felt like I had no motivation used to just eat some carbs HR before and a couple of bananas and a coffee before I went but I just had to drag my arse to the car and drive to the gym and once I was there and a done a warm up I was ready to blast any weight Infront of me for two hrs five days a week now a can't even get the energy to get off the sofa with out saying a will start in an HR and so on till it gets to late and you want to just settle down watch TV and goto sleep it's unbelievable a just need to go up stairs to use a multi gym I got while the covid kicked in and if a make it up the stairs am so unfit after doing nothing for so long lying in a hospital bed wasting away with no appetite a look like I have never seen a gym so it's starting all over again witch ain't good for your confidence and motivation playing with baby weights on a multi gym and I have ADHD and even they don't give me any energy to get off my arse witch you would think would coz they pure stimulants a have tried one preworkout yrs ago just to see what they did made me bit anxious as a said till I started working out and it settled down a bit and a had no problems with motivation back then was just to see what it was like it's a trial run with something to see if it will give me a kick up the arse till I get back into working out again but a have no clue what one to try seen a thing on YouTube with guys testing a few out saying they were more euphoric ones but had you buzzing out your nut as if you were going clubbing or something a need to get something that gives me that energy boost to get. Me want to go exercise
Mate, can you put some paragraphs in your posts. Makes it a bit easier to read 👍

·
One set, one chance!
4,563 Posts
any you guys no a good pre workout that ain't just all caffeine and actually you can feel kick in and will make me get up and go train for a while even though I have to still be careful as my spine will never heal
I don’t have the best tolerance to stims. I like to feel the effects but not be wired for ages after. I use Redcon1 Total War and half scoop it (8g). Best pre out there in my opinion. Very well priced too.

I always shop around and check eBay first. My last tub was £22 off dolphin fitness. I’m sure if you look around you’ll be able to get a voucher for 10% off etc.

NB: MyProteins THE PRE WORKOUT is ok too, the cola flavour is really nice

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I find it humourous that you are struggling with motivation to train yet are highly motivated to type out big rambling essays on internet forums.

Think you need to reassess your priorities 😂✌👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mate after a motor bike accident and a lay off for a long time my priorities are a need to build muscle back round my spine especially to stabilises my spine what other priorities what I need y asess if a need to ask if anyone knows a decent preworkout that will give me some more focus and energy I have not had since lyiin a fking hospital bed for a yr oal

1 - 19 of 19 Posts