UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm here to learn
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many days should I have to stop using short-acting injectables and orals before a bodybuilding competition.

·
I'm here to learn
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I'm on a bulk cycle of Durateston @ 500-1000 mg/wk, Deca-Durabolin @ 200-400 mg/wk and Diana @ 20-40 mg/day. My contest preparation will start at 16 weeks out in mid-november. My competition will be in mid-march of 2011. Any thoughts bro?

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
stop injections 5-10 days out reason being swelling from injections or holding water (some hold water from fast ester steroids)

the orals you should be taking will be fine to run through the show.....

·
I'm here to learn
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pscarb said:
stop injections 5-10 days out reason being swelling from injections or holding water (some hold water from fast ester steroids)

the orals you should be taking will be fine to run through the show.....
Thanks. Do you think that var and winny would be a good idea to run till show time and what amount do you think one should run? For example: high dose var @ 100 mg/day and high dose winny @ 100 mg/day would lead to water bload? Or it's wise to use arimidex @ 1 mg/day to be on the safer side?

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
guijr said:
Thanks. Do you think that var and winny would be a good idea to run till show time and what amount do you think one should run? For example: high dose var @ 100 mg/day and high dose winny @ 100 mg/day would lead to water bload? Or it's wise to use arimidex @ 1 mg/day to be on the safer side?
yes they are fine to run through show day....how much you use i have no clue as i know nothing about you.....

·
I'm here to learn
32 Posts
Pscarb said:
yes they are fine to run through show day....how much you use i have no clue as i know nothing about you.....
It will be my first competition. Right now my weight is 127,4 kg (but I am not fat, still some cuts appears, but holding some water). Hope to step on the stage with more than 100 kg...

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
ok mate but still not enough to suggest a cycle....i will say though if you are 127kg and hope to step onstage at 100kg then you are holding fat i very much doubt you have nearly 60lbs of water :)

·
I'm here to learn
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pscarb said:
ok mate but still not enough to suggest a cycle....i will say though if you are 127kg and hope to step onstage at 100kg then you are holding fat i very much doubt you have nearly 60lbs of water :)
Of course I'm holding fat remember that I am still on a bulking phase, but also have in mind that I am a tall guy, I am 1.91 meters :) .

·
Don't count your reps, make your reps count!
3,647 Posts
IMO don't set your sites on stepping on stage at a certain weight. Shows are about illusion, i've seen many a smaller guy kick the ass of the bigger guys because of detail. Shows are a visual thing, unless you enter a weight class, the judges are not going to weigh you or check your bodyfat, they are LOOKING at your physique, and so should you be!!

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
guijr said:
It will be my first competition. Right now my weight is 127,4 kg (not fat, still some cuts appears, but holding some water). Hope to step on the stage with more than 100 kg...
guijr said:
Of course I'm holding fat remember that I am still on a bulking phase, but also have in mind that I am a tall guy, I am 1.91 meters :) .
my reply was after your last post where you said that it was not fat.....

joe is correct though i have seen alot of guys get messed up in their head because they aim to step onstage at a weight and miss it......

you should not be worrying about what you will be using in the last week of your show prep when you are over 6months from the show.....many things may change from now until then to determine what you use and when you stop it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.