UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dance like nobodys watching....Fcuk like your bein
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these wristbands? its supposed to interact with your the engery omitted from your body? try googling it on youtube. Apprantley athletes (including Bodybuilders) are using them

·
Gym Addict
457 Posts
I have tried them. They do miraculously effect your balance for the better, but I am SUPER scpetical about all the other claims. Plus, unless you have some serious condition where your balance (or lack of) is thwarting your ability to carry simple everyday tasks... i.e. you're missiing your vestibular apparatus... I really don't see the point:

I found wearning one you actually do not loose your balance, therefore you do not engage the muscles that you would normally engage to correct your posture when you go slightly off balance. So, if you're using these muscle less surely they become weaker over time! Then when youre not wearing the band your balance must be severly impaired!How is this a good thing?! Think its all a bit of a gimmic TBH

·
Gym Addict
457 Posts
Ant Marks said:
yeh i beleived it was too....its an illusion. You convince yourself your balance is sh*t
Actaully I'd never heard of them. I was with my training partner and he said to me "i just want to try somthing on you" so he told me to close my eyes and stand on one leg and put out my hand. I did so and he put something in my hand (I found out after it was a help for heros type wrist band). I contunied to wobble about all over the place. Then he said lets try it again so we did the same thing except this time he put the balance band thing in my hand and instantly I stopped wobdling. I had never heard of these band things and I had no idea why he was asking me to do this but I trust him that much he could tell me to do anything in the gym and I'd do it because he knows what he's talking about.

Anyway he told me he has tried this on loads of people because the company that makes them asked him to trial them on his clients (he's runs a company advising schools/military orgs/the PGA/fintess chains etc on exercise/motivation/nutirtion. He's also coached individuals and teams to break numerous sporting world records... just making the point that he's a pro who know his stuff and isn't some charlatan).

Anyway, his conclusion was much like what I said earlier. They do improve your balance but didn't have any effect on strength, apettite or any of the other things they claimed to effect.

·
Newbie Trainer
70 Posts
Ant Marks said:
Has anyone tried these wristbands? its supposed to interact with your the engery omitted from your body? try googling it on youtube. Apprantley athletes (including Bodybuilders) are using them
I've also heard that rubbing your stomach and patting your head before every set helps incredibly :lol:

·
The Bear
304 Posts
I saw them with my mate at Gadget Show Live (GSleigh on here) and he held one then let the demonstrator guy press on one outstretched arm to see if he would overbalance and then demanded that I press on his arm to rule out any funny business.

Not sure if he felt any difference but he definitely looked unimpressed with them!

We were told they worked by using holograms which is scientific bullsh*t as holograms are a way of capturing light and then allowing it to be exactly reproduced (the wikipedia definition gives "holography is a technique that allows the light scattered from an object to be recorded and later reconstructed so that it appears as if the object is in the same position relative to the recording medium as it was when recorded"). There is no way light can have any effect on your physical being (i.e. your balance) so I'm quite confident that it's a placebo effect!

·
Newbie Trainer
5 Posts
richh said:
I saw them with my mate at Gadget Show Live (GSleigh on here) and he held one then let the demonstrator guy press on one outstretched arm to see if he would overbalance and then demanded that I press on his arm to rule out any funny business.

Not sure if he felt any difference but he definitely looked unimpressed with them!

We were told they worked by using holograms which is scientific bullsh*t as holograms are a way of capturing light and then allowing it to be exactly reproduced (the wikipedia definition gives "holography is a technique that allows the light scattered from an object to be recorded and later reconstructed so that it appears as if the object is in the same position relative to the recording medium as it was when recorded"). There is no way light can have any effect on your physical being (i.e. your balance) so I'm quite confident that it's a placebo effect!
Yeh I was super sceptical too I've got a science background and was like "yeh right whatever" but a few of my mates at the gym started wearing them and they did the tests on me and I was thinking - placebo.

Then one of my mates did the tests on me again but put a help for heros band in my hand (without me knowing - I thought it was the power balance band) and I was all over the shop - even though I thought I was holding a band!

I may be a mug, or it may be placebo, but IMHO it improves my strength when I'm working out and if it works I dont care how it works!!

I got mine from www.performance-bands.com (one of the young guys from the gym got one off ebay and it was totally fake lol bless him!) a bit cheaper than amazon and play.com

Oh and I haven't heard about the hologram splittng light thing, I did some research and it says that the hologram is charged which is possible - I guess a bit like those magnet wrist bands?

Anyway, bottom line = it works for me! :beer:

·
Looking Freaky
700 Posts
I believe the original ones are about £30. My mate got a copy of eBay for a quid. And all the little sales pitch tricks still worked. Which means one of 2 things. Firstly: the give you a psychological placebo affect and actually do nothing or.

The guy making £30 a piece is laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Looking Freaky
964 Posts
richh said:

!
I was at the Gadget Show and saw these bands. I did the standing on one leg 'trick' etc, personally I think they are rubbish.

I've tried Trion Z and other bands and reckon none of them actually do the things they claim to.

It's right up there with crystal therapy - total bollox! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.