UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

For so many months now I have been in a big life dilema so thought who better to ask then people on here.

When I went to Uni I was going to study sports science or I.T. My love was with the gym and fitness etc but decided to study I.T. due to the potential money to be earned. However after doing very well in the industry bought a house, car etc I am now at a point where I am not happy and need a change. I split with the ex, selling the house, car is gone and going to live with a mate for next to nothing rent per month. Also not happy in my job and thinking of trying something new. Something I love doing and a challenge.

My question is for people who work in the industry like Adam B, James L, Tom etc who is the best possible way into this industry. I love the idea of personal training which I have always loved doing for my mates and will also give me more time to focus on bodybuilding and competing. I read on James L's site about he did something similar giving up a lot to become a PT. I suppose im worried about the pay cut I will have to take and how big a change it is.

If anyone needs to know more info (qualifications etc) then just ask. Any advise is much appreciated.

·
Moderator, Applied Sports Nutritionist
12,597 Posts
Hi mate

Sorry but Im not actually in the industry working as a PT.

Although I will be ditching my job and taking a big step by opening my own gym in a few months, once the British is over.

James L and Paul Booth are probably the people to ask on this one.

Also Brit BB is very successful as a PT he can give you some advice probably.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tinytom said:
Hi mate

Sorry but Im not actually in the industry working as a PT.

Although I will be ditching my job and taking a big step by opening my own gym in a few months, once the British is over.

James L and Paul Booth are probably the people to ask on this one.

Also Brit BB is very successful as a PT he can give you some advice probably.
Cheers Tom. Ultimately owning my own gym is my goal but then thats prob the same for 90% of people on here! I have been making enquiries about it. Good luck with it though. When its open I will come up to train there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.