UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Classic Bodybulider
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best place to look to get an idea to learn a routine, is there any dvds anyone else has used or anything on the bet someone could guide me too???

any help guys

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
flexwright said:
where is the best place to look to get an idea to learn a routine, is there any dvds anyone else has used or anything on the bet someone could guide me too???

any help guys
Normally a fellow competitor in the gym would be able to help you one on one. However watch loads of dvd's and videos etc like on you tube to give you an idea.

·
Classic Bodybulider
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate, you seem to always reply to my posts, i do have a guy that i train under, or should i say he tells me what to do, but he has said hell show me next year when its time for me to learn but i wanna just start to put something together so when on stage i dont have to think what comes next

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
flexwright said:
cheers mate, you seem to always reply to my posts, i do have a guy that i train under, or should i say he tells me what to do, but he has said hell show me next year when its time for me to learn but i wanna just start to put something together so when on stage i dont have to think what comes next
I havent competed yet but personally I would not worry until closer the time. When you diet down there might be certain strong points you want to emphasise on as the same as you might have certain weak points which will mean that certain poses should not be included on your routine.

You will not be able to know this till your diet.

However just look on like you tube to get ideas but i wouldnt practise now

G

·
Dpending on where you are based?, try Nathan Selcon who is based and can be contacted at castle gym windsor. He has choreographed for profesional bodybuilders aswell as top level amatuers, so could be worth a try.

G

·
Nathan is from wales origionaly,although lives up this way now. He may be able to point you in the right direction ragarding somebody near you who could help. Caslte gym, is the best way to contact him in the evenings.

·
Boditronics pocket size stud.
3,719 Posts
Watch loads of videos and practise mate in front of the mirror. Once you feel the poses are looking good you need to film yourself and watch it back TIME AND TIME AGAIN lol. The reason for this is so you are doing blind poses because remember when you are on stage there is no mirror!

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
flexwright said:
you got any you can recommend to me littleluke,

also grat look there, whats you weight, height etc
Go on you tube and search for the following bodybuilders. I have prob looked at every vid of these on there. There is so many more but here are a few

James Flex Lewis

Ronnie Coleman

Dorian Yates

Jay Cutler

Kevin Levrone

Flex Wheeler

Dont forget that different physics also pose to different music. I tend to find the 6ft plus big physics tend to pose to strong classical music

·
Boditronics pocket size stud.
3,719 Posts
Cheers flex, I'm 5f7 and I think I was only about 12 stone 7 in that pic. Im 14'7 now but not that lean ! LOL or brown :(

As for posing videos.. It depends what you would prefer? Lee priest poses well, flex wheeler... It's difficult mate.. Pick your music and then you can work out hownyou're going to pose, f.e slow rnb etc.

·
Classic Bodybulider
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thankyou for that, i will def take that into account, do you know how long we are allowed in the free posing routine

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
flexwright said:
thankyou for that, i will def take that into account, do you know how long we are allowed in the free posing routine
In the UKBFF qualifiers its only 1 min at the mo! Maybe 1 min 30 secs

·
john wood
304 Posts
Learning to bring out the best in you takes time a practice in front of the mirror bringing out the best lines combind this with watching competitor who you think stand out with their routines, do'nt try to emulate top b/builders routines as it never works, just take shots from several routines and stick to no more than 10/12 and [more than this and it gets boring on stage]practice/practice/practice learn to move in the routine and not look like a "Wooden Plank" and create good lines

I learn't from watching and hours of practice it payed off as I was renowned for my posing routeins and also won the awards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts