UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the forum search function is buggered.

In one of the IPTV threads that crop up now and again, someone mentioned that rather than IPTV they get their content through Plex. If anyone has got a good Plex provider going would they mind posting it up or dropping me a line?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
12,461 Posts
Ukm search function never was much use. Try searching google "IPTV uk muscle" and historical threads will come up

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
9,343 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
You'd do better searching on reddit than here.
I remember someone on here not too long ago saying they got all their stuff through Plex and I really like the way it is organised and use it a lot already but for my own stuff. I have a NAS with all the shows and movies I've downloaded off torrent sites but that won't play 4k - 1080p is best that can handle. I'm keen to see how Plex works out connected to someone else's servers that can handle 4k.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
I remember someone on here not too long ago saying they got all their stuff through Plex and I really like the way it is organised and use it a lot already but for my own stuff. I have a NAS with all the shows and movies I've downloaded off torrent sites but that won't play 4k - 1080p is best that can handle. I'm keen to see how Plex works out connected to someone else's servers that can handle 4k.
From my understanding they were saying they got their IPTV through the same source as their pirate Plex. didn't think they were saying it was integrated though.

I could be wrong though. And have no idea whatsoever about plex.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
From my understanding they were saying they got their IPTV through the same source as their pirate Plex. didn't think they were saying it was integrated though.

I could be wrong though. And have no idea whatsoever about plex.
That was possibly me and your right in your understanding.

kazza, plex is fine for 4K files inc Dolby atmos if you've got the setup for it.

·
Getting HUGE!
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was possibly me and your right in your understanding.

kazza, plex is fine for 4K files inc Dolby atmos if you've got the setup for it.
Cheers. Yeah, I know Plex can handle it - it's my Synology NAS that can't. I see there are few people selling Plex subs with 4k content on eBay and Reddit etc and was just wondering a. If anyone had experience of them, and b. If one Plex account can handle 2 servers (one mine and the other whatever these guys are selling).

·
Newbie Trainer
2,040 Posts
No idea what most of these words mean
FWIW: I'm the same - no longer do I fill my head with stuff I don't need to know - I've more or less jettisoned tech knowledge unless it's on a need to know basis; new TV, mobile etc.
(Of all the stuff I've learned (28yrs of CAD/programming) the only thing that holds true, and is applicable to 99% of all problems, regardless of platform is - switch it off, then on again. Especially when "someone else" has fixed whatever. )

Reactions: Kazza61
1 - 12 of 12 Posts