UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going lads? I wonder could anyone help me out with a diet for my mate. His current diet is pretty terrible, just the usual for those uneducated on training and the necessary dietary requirements. He's looking to cut, while also getting in a reasonable shape at the same time. Theoretically this would probably be much easier if he bulked first and put on some good solid muscle, but he's not up for gaining any more weight so he wants to do it this way.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

This is his current, dire, days eating yesterday. He says he's stll gaining weight, although I don't know how that is possible.<o:p></o:p>

He's 6ft7" and approx 18 stone. I've no experience of putting together a cutting diet, but I know loads of you on here have.<o:p></o:p>

I'd appreciate any advice you can send his way! Reps available for all who help :)

Yesterdays diet:

Porridge in morning at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="6" Minute="30">6:30am</st1:time>

<st1:time Hour="6" Minute="30"></st1:time>

<st1:time Hour="6" Minute="30"></st1:time>Sausage roll and beans in here at breakfast and banana

Jam sandwiches, yogurt and couple of oranges for lunch

Curried chilli chicken with rice

Think that was about it.<o:p></o:p>

·
Gym Addict
142 Posts
Bang him on a keto diet mate, is he self controlled enough to stick to it though?

Some people you can't help they will have a sneaky bag of crisps or choc bar or something, if going low carbs and he is going to do this there wont be much point..

·
Looking Freaky
757 Posts
My mate is 6ft 3 and was 18.5 stone. Hes lost fat on around 2900 calories think it is 250g protein 250g carbs and 100g fat. Around that anyway. Keeps carbs in morning and before and after workout.

Standard stuff chicken/rice/brocoli/steak/potatoes/ BodyFortress protein!

seems to be working for him but don't know if it's ideal. Maybe go on one of those sites and work out BMR and activity level and go from there?

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
matt1989 said:
Bang him on a keto diet mate, is he self controlled enough to stick to it though?
That's the thing, he has epilepsy, though he hasn't had a fit in over 18 months, but he says he's not really allowed to let his energy levels get particularly low or feel run down.

As for being self controlled enough to stick on keto - no chance at all, sadly.

Don't get me wrong, he's not fat by any stretch of the imagination. He's just a big lump of a lad with no shape about him.

I'll maybe just try to get him to mirror my own diet, then adjust it as we go along. Thanks for the suggestions though boys, reps as promised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.