UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i came on here a while ago as i wanted to get fit into shape etc etc but i had a pretty bad time in my personal life very shortly after which got me down and stopped me reaching my goals (infact i probably went the opposite way) anyway thats history....

I'm back and have been going to the gym and eating healthy since about July this has mainly consisted of cardio as i was bigger than i would have liked.

I'm 5"7' so a short **** pretty much and back in July weighed 12 stone 7lbs which i wasn't happy about so i changed my diet and did cardio 4 days or so a week.

So i'm now 11 stone on the dot (and have no idea what body fat % i'm at as when i started i used the machines in boots to measure it and it said 13% fat then when i'd lost about a stone it said 15% and i'm pretty sure both of them are wrong!!)

So i just started doing weights and was wondering if people could look at my diet and my exercise program and tell me where i can change things to get better quicker results?

Ok so diet will look something like this most days...

9am Porridge for breakfast (about 130kcal)

12pm Promax diet shake (about 220kcal 37.8g protein)

3pm Chicken breasts (220kcal 40g protein)

5pm train at gym (protein shake 98kcal 17g protein)

7pm chicken/tuna with veg and rice and or potatoe or pasta (500? kcal 30g protein)

there rough amounts now the new program i was going to do at the gym is 3 days on weights (mon, wed, fri) and 3 days on cardio (tue, thur, sun)

weights i do...

Overhead press 3 sets 8 reps

lat pull down 3 sets 8 reps

chest press 3 sets 8 reps

bicep curls 3 sets 8 reps

leg extensions 3 sets 8 reps

bent arm pull down 3 sets 8 reps

This is what they have given me in the gym.

Am i right in that i should be lifting the same weights all though the exercise (i,e. every set) enough weights so that on the last set the last few reps are very difficult to do?

Thanks for all your help i appriciate it.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
First thing is too look at your diet. You need to get at least 5 physical meals in throughout the day with each meal made up of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats

For example add eggs or a protein shake to your breakfast as there is no protein in there at present.

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will: Thanks i was thinking i probably need some protein in the morning for breakfast.

slype: I guess i did say critisize but it would have been nice for some constructive critisism....

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
Read the stickies !!! Its what they are here for !!! You'll learn more from them than any post from anyone in here ( unless they have a spare month to write a reply )

Personally I think your diet and routine is way off what it should be for weight loss or muscle gain.

PS Every credit for getting back on the wagon and with the stone in weight loss, you've done well. But now you need to learn how to put all your effort to better use and therefore get much better gains :D

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
I would address one thing at a time so not to confuse this thread etc

First look at your diet, research it, plan it and then post it on here for us to look at and possibly edit if need be

Then we'll look at your training

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.