UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been 2 months now and i thought i'd give an update and maybe get some more opinions/advice!

I've been on and off at the gym for the last 2 months.. when im at the gym i start with;

Bench press 3x8 @ 60KG ( should i reduce reps and up the weight for more muscle? )

Shoulder press @ 10KG 3x8 ( again should i reduce reps and up weight? )

Bicep Curls @ 10KG 3x8 ( Above ^^ )

Incline situps 3x15

Latt Pulldown @ 45KG 3x8 ( Above^^? )

Leg Press @ 45KG 3x8 ( Above?^^ )

This is Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I take Protein shakes twice a day everyday (22g per shake) first thing in morn and post-workout.

As for food, i dont eat things like crisps etc.. sometimes the odd choco bar. I tend to eat alot of chicken at work, stuff like hot and spicy wings tho.. dno if thats rely any good but i stuff alot of that down me, also alot of pasta, tuna and rice. For breakfast it's just Corn Flakes! oh and i eat alot of beans on toast and drink alot of tea.

Pictures:

Before

frontbodyhw7.th.jpg

After

new1nev.th.jpg

Before

sidebodypt0.th.jpg

After

new2h.th.jpg

Before

Imageshack - backbodyrz1.jpg

After

Imageshack - new3q.jpg

I can't see much of a difference, which really dissapoints me, but i want to keep at it!!!!!

It is my goal to join the royal marines, believe or not i am quite fit, although it doesn't look it =[ and this is whats holding me back from joining! I avoid taking my shirt off as much as i can because i'm not happy and i know i need to get over that if im going into the forces!!!

Basically if anyone could throw me some advice on any workouts i should do, because i'm not really clued up on all the differenct exercises, where should i try and improve? what would make the most difference to my body?

Stats

Height: 6"3/4

Weight: 13.6 St

Thank you all so much and know that i have the greatest respect for you all, because i know it isn't easy getting that perfect body

·
Under Construction
109 Posts
There is definite change there mate.

It's not been long, have patience, you'll get there. Your diet needs looking at though if you're so dead serious about this - especially if you intent to join the Marines... a more detailed diet plan could help the guys on here pinpoint what you need to change.

Good luck!

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mowgli said:
There is definite change there mate.

It's not been long, have patience, you'll get there. Your diet needs looking at though if you're so dead serious about this - especially if you intent to join the Marines... a more detailed diet plan could help the guys on here pinpoint what you need to change.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply Mowgli!!

Well... my diet varys every day because my work is very flexible and sometimes i do nights and sometimes mornings, so it's a mess.

I'll try give you a rough day;

Breakfast (between 6am-11am): Corn Flakes with Milk. Protein Shake

Lunch (between 10am-2pm): Full tin of beans on 2 slices brown toast.

Dinner (between 6pm-7pm): 2 Chicken Wings not sure of G's, Energy drink. Or if at home either Tuna, Pasta, Sweetcorn. Or Spagbowl, Rice & Chicken with tikka source <-- whatever i get given.

Usually hit the gym about 8pm and take another protein hit about 10pm when i get back.

Not a very detailed diet i know.

Thanks

·
Getting HUGE!
5,881 Posts
erm I think you need to tighten up your diet, if you are seventeen I take it you still live with your parents, if so its important you get them on board and explain your goals, after all its them filling the fridge, you could do with upping your protein and you need your food ready prepared no matter where you are.

what is your form like are you performing the exercises properly

I would aim for 12 reps for exercise, and don't forget your legs

I don't see any mention of cardio, I think so early on you should be

doing cardio at the end of every gym session.

I was in the forces and you first have to be fit.

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
freddee said:
erm I think you need to tighten up your diet, if you are seventeen I take it you still live with your parents, if so its important you get them on board and explain your goals, after all its them filling the fridge, you could do with upping your protein and you need your food ready prepared no matter where you are.

what is your form like are you performing the exercises properly

I would aim for 12 reps for exercise, and don't forget your legs

I don't see any mention of cardio, I think so early on you should be

doing cardio at the end of every gym session.

I was in the forces and you first have to be fit.
i use to run alot. I've dropped from 17st in the last year and a 1/2.

My work is very taxing physically, i am walking constantly and lifting for 7 hours straight most days.

My mum knows of my goals and most meals i get given are based around that, but shes no health expert!!

After my weights should i do a 30 mins jog on the treadmill each session? i tried this a week ago and i was dripping in sweat.

·
Under Construction
109 Posts
Well if you stick to the cardio after your workout then you should soon start to see some improvements. But the diet is the main thing holding you back.

Try to eat more often, perhaps in smaller amounts if you're worried about daily intake of calories (any idea how many you're having in a day?)

You really need to strip some of the fat from your food, a chicken tikka won't hurt every once in a while but check out the diet threads in the forums for a rough idea. It's not pretty in my opinion, but diet is VERY important.

You will get there in the end mate and I really hope we can all see the changes you make over the next few months - keep it up, I know I'm rooting for you!

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate all responses!!!

I've decided i'm going to sort the diet. I'm going to prepare 5 meals each day ready for the next day, i'll have a look at the diet section and see what sort of meals i can make!!

Does anyone have any advice on what exercises i should introduce into my routine at the gym? i really am clueless and don't know what would help me the most!!!!

thanks again!

·
Newbie Trainer
240 Posts
you got some good steady changes there mate keep at it tighten up your carbs increase cardio. and you will get there.

imo eat small and often remember your good fats and keep an eye bad fats.

body building is a marathon not a sprint keep up the good work mate

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CrisR said:
you got some good steady changes there mate keep at it tighten up your carbs increase cardio. and you will get there.

imo eat small and often remember your good fats and keep an eye bad fats.

body building is a marathon not a sprint keep up the good work mate
Thanks for the advice Chris :high5:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.