UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
View attachment 201577

That's my plyometric box. My mrs just got me one here for my birthday (she got that one for my bday as well a dew years ago). I felt bad as I did not want it so she sent it back. Its an actual plywood box so I thought it was a waste of money. I could make one myself if I wanted a plywood box. It would have just got in the way as space here is limited. My gym back home is about 20ft long and about 15 or 16ft wide.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sweet! You wont regret it! The machines are heavy duty. Their stuff is basically considered light commercial so should last you forever really. The coverings I am not super keen on but the machines work really well. I actually still love my old Keyes bench that was my first piece of equipment I got back in 2012ish I think and I kept it as it fit my preacher curl attachment better and it is wider and has bigger seat on the front, I like to put my feet up when doing chest.

This is my setup in Canada. Once the pandemic, I mean if the pandemic is over I am hoping to bring it all here. lol Hoping they still let me renew my TOR as it expired waiting for this thing to be over. I got some flexbells for here in the UK which go in 4kg increments up to 32kg but trying to get the newer NUOBELL system. It goes in 5lb increments to 80lbs. Then I can sell my hex stuff and just keep the 90s, 100s and get a set of 110s. I prefer working in lbs to kilos.

I also have a water rower and a foam plyometric box as well which you cant see in the pictures. My dumbbells only go up to 100lbs out there. I was putting 10lb ankle weights on my wrists for extra weight though lol The plyobox is so good though as can move it all around the room as its so light but its very sturdy and has 30",24" and 21" inch i think. Used to attempt them after a heavy leg day. My heavy bag I put on a barn door rail on the ceiling. I purchased it at Rona which is a hardware store in Canada. I can pull my bag into the room and use it and then slide it back in when I am done. I had my setup in a room much smaller then this before I decided to renovate the basement and kit it out with more stuff.

I got a landmine attachment that connects to my olympic bar as well for tbar rows.

View attachment 201573

View attachment 201575
That's a proper nice set up mate. I've seen loads of garage gyms in Canada and the US, the garages are so much bigger. I currently live in a flat but if I ever do change property I want one with a double garage at least.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mmm, little bit of work and it could be a Viking press station too ;)
Yeah definitely! I would love a viking press station!!!!!!!!!!! That machine is decent though and I got it dirt cheap. I think it was about 150 quid. The dude was joining the fire service and moving to a smaller place and had no room. Majority of my stuff I second hand. My multi gym was $3000 new, i paid $500 (300quid). Dude got married, had a kid and his wife wanted it gone as they had moved into a smaller place. My elliptical was $2500 new and I got it at a Sears closing down sale for $750 plus 10% off. Was the floor model but in perfect working condition. The 10% off was as they didn't have the plug, I haggled with them. I hadn't looked but soon realized it was just a kettle/computer plug! Not sure if that will work over here actually! Better check that before I lug it out and into a container!!!!!!

That's a proper nice set up mate. I've seen loads of garage gyms in Canada and the US, the garages are so much bigger. I currently live in a flat but if I ever do change property I want one with a double garage at least.
Cheers. I love my gym!!!!!! Miss it big time. It was my little project. I did the flooring (had to grind the concrete as it wasn't level which was a bitch), painted it Hulk green, and built a wall to stop the cats getting in and wrecking the seats. I got my mirrors from Ikea and the mats were from a dude selling mats made from recycled rubber around the corner from us for $50 each which was pretty decent. Buying used equipment is so much easier there. You can pick up proper bargains as there are so many stores so its accessible for everyone to have a "I am going to start working out at home" moment then change their mind and sell it cheap on like gum tree type sites (Kijiji was the big one in Canada). We had about 5 big stores you could go into selling all the big brands like Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Bodysolid, BodyCraft,Hoist, Precor, Powetec, pretty much any brand you want. And everyone has pickup trucks so you just whack your new stuff in the back and away you go.

What size is classed as double garage here? We are renting a house that supposedly has double garage but I wouldn't call it that! We didn't have a garage back home but my next door neighbour does and his garage is just a regular garage. You can fit two vehicles in it no problem and he has his quad bikes and dirt bikes in it as well. Our "double" garage here barely fits our one car! You can get down the sides pretty easy but I wouldn't call it a double garage. My buddy just turned his garage into a gym but you couldn't even barely fit one car in there either!

You have got max use out of your space though. Have you seen the Rogue cage that can be attached to the wall and folded in and out as you need it? Fitnessdepot in Canada was making a ton of clones of that kind of stuff as it is very expensive.
This one - ROGUE RML-3W FOLD BACK WALL MOUNT RACK

Does anyone know how you stop it attaching your photos every time you post a reply??? I remove them but it still posts them!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mmm, little bit of work and it could be a Viking press station too ;)
Yeah definitely! I would love a viking press station!!!!!!!!!!! That machine is decent though and I got it dirt cheap. I think it was about 150 quid. The dude was joining the fire service and moving to a smaller place and had no room. Majority of my stuff I second hand. My multi gym was $3000 new, i paid $500 (300quid). Dude got married, had a kid and his wife wanted it gone as they had moved into a smaller place. My elliptical was $2500 new and I got it at a Sears closing down sale for $750 plus 10% off. Was the floor model but in perfect working condition. The 10% off was as they didn't have the plug, I haggled with them. I hadn't looked but soon realized it was just a kettle/computer plug! Not sure if that will work over here actually! Better check that before I lug it out and into a container!!!!!!

Cheers. I love my gym!!!!!! Miss it big time. It was my little project. I did the flooring (had to grind the concrete as it wasn't level which was a bitch), painted it Hulk green, and built a wall to stop the cats getting in and wrecking the seats. I got my mirrors from Ikea and the mats were from a dude selling mats made from recycled rubber around the corner from us for $50 each which was pretty decent. Buying used equipment is so much easier there. You can pick up proper bargains as there are so many stores so its accessible for everyone to have a "I am going to start working out at home" moment then change their mind and sell it cheap on like gum tree type sites (Kijiji was the big one in Canada). We had about 5 big stores you could go into selling all the big brands like Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Bodysolid, BodyCraft,Hoist, Precor, Powetec, pretty much any brand you want. And everyone has pickup trucks so you just whack your new stuff in the back and away you go.

What size is classed as double garage here? We are renting a house that supposedly has double garage but I wouldn't call it that! We didn't have a garage back home but my next door neighbour does and his garage is just a regular garage. You can fit two vehicles in it no problem and he has his quad bikes and dirt bikes in it as well. Our "double" garage here barely fits our one car! You can get down the sides pretty easy but I wouldn't call it a double garage. My buddy just turned his garage into a gym but you couldn't even barely fit one car in there either!

You have got max use out of your space though. Have you seen the Rogue cage that can be attached to the wall and folded in and out as you need it? Fitnessdepot in Canada was making a ton of clones of that kind of stuff as it is very expensive.
This one - ROGUE RML-3W FOLD BACK WALL MOUNT RACK

Does anyone know how you stop it attaching your photos every time you post a reply??? I remove them but it still posts them!

View attachment 201573

View attachment 201575

View attachment 201577

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,378 Posts
Yeah definitely! I would love a viking press station!!!!!
Wouldn't be too hard to set up in your power rack. Videos on YouTube using two barbells across the catcher bars in the power rack.

Or you mount a scaffolding swivel clamp to the wall and place the barbell in it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wouldn't be too hard to set up in your power rack. Videos on YouTube using two barbells across the catcher bars in the power rack.

Or you mount a scaffolding swivel clamp to the wall and place the barbell in it.
Would right now as I haven't got it here! lol
Having my second jab this week and then hoping the restrictions in Canada lift in July as really don't want to quarantine in a hotel. Once they do going to go sort my stuff out! It is a massive heat wave there right now. Hitting the 40s so don't really fancy that.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts