UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Road to Juniors 2011??!!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start adding squats into my workout. However with so many threads there's a lot of videos shown & I roughly have an idea of how they're doing.

But what I'm after is a youtube link with what is the perfect form for squatting. I've seen some that aren't that great although titled 'Perfect Squat Form' and could do with a video to show me how to do a pretty good squat, though obviously they aren't going to be perfect when I start them.

Cheers,

Haimer

·
Premium Member
22,829 Posts
Forget the vid.

Stand feet about shoulder width apart.

Chest pushed out.

Back pulled tight.

Lift the bar off the racks.

Walk back carefully.

Feet shoulder width apart.

Chest up/out and take a deep breath.

Hold lower back tight.

slowly bend your legs whilst holding tight lower back and pushed out chest.

As you go lower look UP which will keep the back straighter.

Then keeping back rigid as before,push feet through the floor.

Some prefer bum to heels,some so legs are 90* and some less so. Personally i vary it.

If you feel like you're gonna fall forwards,allow the bar to sit further back/lower on the traps which makes a huge difference.

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
Haimer said:
I want to start adding squats into my workout. However with so many threads there's a lot of videos shown & I roughly have an idea of how they're doing.

But what I'm after is a youtube link with what is the perfect form for squatting. I've seen some that aren't that great although titled 'Perfect Squat Form' and could do with a video to show me how to do a pretty good squat, though obviously they aren't going to be perfect when I start them.

Cheers,

Haimer
Look on YouTube for EilteFTS Squat and look at 7 or 8 of their vids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts