UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right a bit of a weird in-depth one (weird for me)

but does what people think of you affect you in anyway be it personally, professionally, or what?

the reason i am asking is that there is a guy at work who everyone like personally however his reputation continues to take a battering in terms of work

im sure that he knows that people dont rate him profesionally but he doesnt seem to care and just seems to carry on in the same manner

just got me thinking i suppose

G

·
I have teachers who give me special treatment ie hand in assigments late and stuff because i am not American and look a bit dim with the muscles and all:whistling: but i dont complain i just stand there and say thank you in my broken enligsh. :lol:

At the end of the day some people dont like you and it can affect you in some ways, lots of people have never liked me because i tell it the way i see it and i am a cocky ****.... doesnt bother me in the slightest:thumbup1:

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good answer con - its a bit like when i worked the doors, people think your dumb so you act dumb, occasionally id drop in i was doing a degree, etc to see their faces

the thing with this lad though, whenever it is mentioned about the credit crunch this lads name seems to come up off a lot of people and to a lot of people and talk is of his incompetence

dont get me wrong people dont rate me personally and/or professionally but i liek to think it is not that many people

·
Gobby
10,535 Posts
I don't give a stuff, generally for people's opinions, except those of very good friends.

I was having a similar conversation with my boss a couple of days ago. The people I work with, I've known and worked with for years, and we know each other pretty well. Bear in mind I work for a government department and look the way I do. And I don't have a pen pushing office job, either. I work on the frontline and actually have to get out there and talk to people :)

People at work who don't know me, tend to think I'm a bit stupid, or don't take the job seriously, or even that I'm a bit of a PC hippy. I love blowing those misconceptions out of the water. Some people are intimidated by me and tend to be very wary. My boss pointed out that when I do site visits, I tend to get female receptionist's backs up. I have no clue why - they probably look down on me for not being suited and booted I expect :laugh:

They are also surprised by the fact I tell it how it is, am not shocked by much and say things that probably should get me sacked :lol:

In my personal life, some of my mates may be shocked to find I don't automatically fancy fat middle aged heavy drinking junk food addicts who look ripe for a heart attack in the next 5 years :D

I have a reputation for being a bit of a hard bird and bloody evil if crossed. It's all bollocks but it means I get left alone :lol:

·
Hulking Out!
1,950 Posts
weird. last night i was sort of wondering how the people who know me see me compared to how i see myself, so i asked them no bs dont try and butter me up jus tell me. i see myself as a bit of a cold person and was shocked that everyone described me as "caring/loving" i guess im always there for my friends when they need me and i'm a bit protective.. a lot of them said im a bit loopy , well they said eccentric but i know what they meant! s'all good, i am crazy.

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
i dont give a toss to be honest...i know what i got(2.5 incher) and that makes me the daddy!!!!

seriously...i dont give a toss...i might dress shabbily,not wear any jewellery,(except a watch)...look like a meathead,shaved head...talk like a cockney sparra...but like i say,i know who i am,me fam know,me mates know...thats all!!!!

let people judge...i had this girl in tesco a while back,was one of my ex's mates asked me what i'm doing these days...i said i graduated from uni and play a few clubs now n again and am looking to compete soon in BB...she said nooo,your joking...i said,what cos i speak like a meathead cockney sparra...look a bit old clothed...she got all embarrassed when i said...so you judged people like that then,she said oh no...i didnt mean it like that....then i said,you thought i couldnt do stuff like that cos you know other things about me etc!!!!

i just said oh i have to go...see you later!!!!

i like to be tarred up with a brush so people will be surprised when i prove em slightly the wrong way!!!!

but on the other hand...its 4 fingers and 1 thumb!!!!

sometimes i like to look good,feel good about myself,feel confident...and sometimes feedback from other people can have its benefits too!!!!

i mean...i'm known to speak my mind...but i'm a truth teller...or say what i see...within reason!!!

and if someone is speaking to me with bad breath,i'll tell em...hope they tell me if i had!!!!

or for example,if i forgot to take my stockings n suspenders off and i'm in the middle of the high street and everyone can see em,i'd like to think someone would say,oh ant you left your sussies on...nice legs by the way...need some work on your outer sweep though!!!!!

·
Saffir meisie moet vernietig wees!!!!!!! Oorwinnin
3,228 Posts
My attitude has changed slightly since I started in the gym. I used to be terrible for caring what other people thought of me. I would get really upset if people had negative things to say. Then I realised it was my own insecurities.

Now I couldn't care less. Still sometimes gets to me but I get over it a lot faster.

Now i care a lot more about what I think, which I think is a much healthier way to be.

·
Little Lion
12,516 Posts
I genuinely dont care what people think of me, unless I care for the person with the opinion, then I do.

People who dont know me, think I'm some airhead self-obsessed Barbie...

People who do know me, think I'm cold, hard hearted, ice-maiden, have too many barriers up, aloof, bit ov a chip on my shoulder, opinionated, outspoken, etc.

People who REALLY know me, think I'm a (too) soft-hearted, nurturing/mothering, loving, kind, giving, honest, genuine, reliable, trustworthy, courageous, loyal, hard-working, dedicated....

See the pattern....?

Its not what they think of you.... its what the people who MATTER think of you...... :)

·
The Good...
8,794 Posts
davetherave said:
right a bit of a weird in-depth one (weird for me)

but does what people think of you affect you in anyway be it personally, professionally, or what?

the reason i am asking is that there is a guy at work who everyone like personally however his reputation continues to take a battering in terms of work

im sure that he knows that people dont rate him profesionally but he doesnt seem to care and just seems to carry on in the same manner

just got me thinking i suppose
dont care. Only those close to me can have an understanding of me as a person and even then I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.