UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gym Addict
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my first cycle i'm thinking of doing my chest, my doctor injects both sides of my chest, well the nipples like 2-3 times each side so my chest is actually one of the last places i'm afraid of LOL.

i would be doing 2mm of test e though, so i read it's not a good spot and that 2mm is to much. is there tons of veins/nerves etc in the chest you could hit compared to the glute or quads? my second choice for my first injection is quads.

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Pec jabs are good because you can use both hands and aspirate properly.

A pec will easily take 2 ml slowly safely.

Insert the needle about an inch at about 45º into the fullest part of the pec.

·
the closer you are to failure, the closer you are
96 Posts
not for me... ever!

to the original poster have you seen spot injections? if not then google it.

prodiver: is the needle entered at a 45 degree angle because the injection is so shallow it will stop the gear coming straight after pulling the needle out??

·
5,555 Posts
chickentuna said:
not for me... ever!

to the original poster have you seen spot injections? if not then google it.

prodiver: is the needle entered at a 45 degree angle because the injection is so shallow it will stop the gear coming straight after pulling the needle out??
Er... yes, sort of.

In all IM injections the needle tip should be about an inch into the muscle, to prevent any "blow-back". If the muscle is properly relaxed very little will come out of the injection hole, but sometimes blow-back leads to gear under the skin, which is not harmful but can be uncomfortable.

So to get the needle tip an inch into a shallow muscle like the pec, it's OK to insert it at an angle, otherwise you might go through the other side.

·
Gym Addict
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what do you mean go through the other side O_O yeah i seen spot injections.

what are some of the bad things that could happen if you do your pec? like is there tons of veins and nerves? thats my main concern lol

·
5,555 Posts
No more bloodvessels and nerves than average, like the quads. Glutes actually have as many.

If you went too far you could push the needle through the pec muscle and into the ligaments of the rib cage or touch a rib bone - not that it would do any harm, but be uncomfortable. That's why a 45º angle is good.

Js tbe scrupulously hygienic as a pec is the last place you'd enjoy an abscess!

Quads are the best place overall, but pecs are fine.

·
Gym Addict
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think i'll attempt quad with 25 gauge / 1 inch and also try glutes with a 23 /1inch.. not sure what one i'll do until the day comes, chances are quads lol. is it possible to hit the bone on the quads or anything? :X

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
XxDannyxX said:
Think i'll attempt quad with 25 gauge / 1 inch and also try glutes with a 23 /1inch.. not sure what one i'll do until the day comes, chances are quads lol. is it possible to hit the bone on the quads or anything? :X
Why not use the 23g in the quads?

I use a 23 blue 1.25 & it's fine.

I do leave a little needle showing though so it's only in an inch

·
MYProtein Discount: MP82034
1,356 Posts
\ said:
No more bloodvessels and nerves than average, like the quads. Glutes actually have as many.

If you went too far you could push the needle through the pec muscle and into the ligaments of the rib cage or touch a rib bone - not that it would do any harm, but be uncomfortable. That's why a 45º angle is good.

Js tbe scrupulously hygienic as a pec is the last place you'd enjoy an abscess!

Quads are the best place overall, but pecs are fine.
If you pushed too far, is it possible that you could inject into the intercostal muscles?

... That would be one hell of a spot injection haha, pip when breathing! Argh just imagine that !!

·
Gym Addict
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xpower said:
Why not use the 23g in the quads?

I use a 23 blue 1.25 & it's fine.

I do leave a little needle showing though so it's only in an inch
i could just i saw 25g recommended for quads so that's why i said that and i have both

Themanabolic said:
If you pushed too far, is it possible that you could inject into the intercostal muscles?

... That would be one hell of a spot injection haha, pip when breathing! Argh just imagine that !!
i don't want to imagine that :(

so anything on hitting a bone on quads o_o possible?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.