UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys im new to this site, first day on it to be honest:) wish i had of done it years ago wen i first started trainin. i was just thinking about start my first cycle, dont no what yet just reading up and reading peoples advise mainly people saying test e. i didnt no all the stuff what was involved eg PCT do u start takin tomoxifin and clomid after your cycle or during? and would my doctor prescribe them if i told him i was going to start steroids? any advise would be much appreciated:thumb: THANX

·
bann3d
1,496 Posts
JUST TENSE said:
hello guys im new to this site, first day on it to be honest:) wish i had of done it years ago wen i first started trainin. i was just thinking about start my first cycle, dont no what yet just reading up and reading peoples advise mainly people saying test e. i didnt no all the stuff what was involved eg PCT do u start takin tomoxifin and clomid after your cycle or during? and would my doctor prescribe them if i told him i was going to start steroids? any advise would be much appreciated:thumb: THANX
Read the PCT sticky

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/steroid-testosterone-information/17336-understanding-pct.html

read it again a second time, then post up your questions :)

·
238 Posts
You aint got much chance of getting your doctor to prescribe anything - remember the evidence surrounding nolvadex & clomid & HCG etc etc is largely circumstantial - ie we know it all works but there are not medical studies to prove it - as we are using these products for purposes other than what they are designed for (ie nolvadex is designed for use in breast cancer treatment and HCG is a fertility drug)

You might benefit from talking to your doc - I have a great GP who carries out regular blood tests for me & takes the view that he isnt going to stop me using gear but he will do his best to ensure i stay healthy.

Not all GPs are created equal though and some will just lecture you about all the bad side effects and may even try to convince you that steroids dont work!!

G

·
I agree with thestudbeast.... The thread "understanding pct" by hackskii is a great place to educate yourself on pct. I am just learning about it myself. Good luck JustTense, this site has a wealth of information....

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Taken from:

AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGISTS

MEDICAL GUIDELINES FOR CLINICAL PRACTICE

FOR THE EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF HYPOGONADISM

IN ADULT MALE PATIENTS

Clomiphene Stimulation Test.-In the clomiphene

stimulation test, 100 mg of clomiphene citrate is given for

5 to 7 days as an evocative test of the hypothalamic-pituitary

axis. Clomiphene acts by interrupting the negative

feedback loop and thereby stimulating release of

gonadotropin from the pituitary. A doubling of LH and a

20 to 50% increase in FSH are normal results indicative of

an intact hypothalamic-pituitary response

hCG Stimulation Test.-Various protocols are used

for hCG stimulation testing. In general for postpubertal

male patients, a single dose of hCG (5,000 IU intramuscularly)

is administered, and pretherapy and 72-hour posttherapy

testosterone measurements are done (some protocols

use 1,000 to 4,000 IU of hCG or multiday dosing)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts