Onions
Lamb mince
Curry powder
Salt and pepper
Mushrooms
Sliced raw garlic
Garam massala
Peas and sweet corn

I keep it in the fridge no longer than 3 days but it’s that nice it’s usually gone by then 👍
looks easy, convenient, filling and nutritious. I just don’t like lamb. How many G of lamb mince do you use in one batch.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
looks easy, convenient, filling and nutritious. I just don’t like lamb. How many G of lamb mince do you use in one batch.
You could easily use beef, chicken, turkey, pork, instead and it wouldn't necessarily have to be "mince" either. Difficult to exactly figure out the macros per portion for a meal like this though in comparison to eating a 200g portion of "whatever meat" with a separate portion of rice and a separate portion of veggies.

This dish wouldn't be for someone counting calories. It's a "get stuck in and fill your boots" type of meal (y)

·
I Lift...Honest
7,461 Posts
You could easily use beef, chicken, turkey, pork, instead and it wouldn't necessarily have to be "mince" either. Difficult to exactly figure out the macros per portion for a meal like this though in comparison to eating a 200g portion of "whatever meat" with a separate portion of rice and a separate portion of veggies.

This dish wouldn't be for someone counting calories. It's a "get stuck in and fill your boots" type of meal (y)
Take the total
Divide by 3/how ever many meals you get out of it
Simples
Won't be exact as some portions might be bigger but it'll average out

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts

Easy to figure out the macros as you know the total of weight what is used to make the meal then just divide by whatever portion number you split into. Simple really.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
messy to figure out the macros as you know the total of weight what is used to make the meal then just divide but whatever portion number you split into. Simple really.
It's not as simple as you seem to think it is but I can give you some friendly educated advice if you want to see things from a different (better) viewpoint regarding macros per portion when you're batch cooking.
Might be an eye-opener for someone like you.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Take the total
Divide by 3/how ever many meals you get out of it
Simples
Won't be exact as some portions might be bigger but it'll average out
It's not as simple as you seem to think it is but I can give you some friendly educated advice if you want to see things from a different (better) viewpoint regarding macros per portion when you're batch cooking.
Might be an eye-opener for someone like you.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts