UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Firstly apologies if I got this in the wrong section but couldn't decide which was the correct in, I think it's here.<o:p></o:p>

Background -<o:p></o:p>

I've been training on and off since I was 16. I'm now 26. I always seem to start to get somewhere for one reason or another seem to stop for a few months then go back to square one. I've determined to keep it up this time I have a gym in my house and train first thing in the morning so no distractions!!<o:p></o:p>

I've been training for now for a good year.<o:p></o:p>

I'm 27yrs 6ft 34" waist, weight 14st. Was 12 1/2 st when I started.<o:p></o:p>

Training plan to date -<o:p></o:p>

I train Chest & Arms, shoulders & back, legs and cardio. Training 5 days a week normally. last going off I was using the pyramid training. 3 sets 10,8 & 6/fail.<o:p></o:p>

I can bench the 90kg to fail, curling 40kg, shoulder press with DB 30kg DBs back pull down/rows round the 70-80kg<o:p></o:p>

If I'm honest I do the biggest mistake and tend to drop legs off. (I KNOW!!)<o:p></o:p>

Been looking on her and looking to do a 5x5 program to get the legs in shape as well as all round building. 12 weeks increasing each session.<o:p></o:p>

Routine A-<o:p></o:p>

Squats<o:p></o:p>

Bench press<o:p></o:p>

seated rows<o:p></o:p>

leg raises<o:p></o:p>

cable triceps<o:p></o:p>

Routine B - <o:p></o:p>

Deadlift<o:p></o:p>

military press<o:p></o:p>

pull ups<o:p></o:p>

Preacher pad curls<o:p></o:p>

decline twist abs<o:p></o:p>

Train these Mon/Wed/Fri<o:p></o:p>

And get some cardio in on Tuesday and Thursdays.<o:p></o:p>

My diet -<o:p></o:p>

7.30 - 4 weetabix for breakfast<o:p></o:p>

9.00 - Protein/ oat bars with fruit (got recipe off here..cheers!)<o:p></o:p>

10.30 - Protein shake - I use USN pure protein<o:p></o:p>

11.30 - Brown rice and broccoli / cous cous with roast veggies<o:p></o:p>

1.30 - Pasta and chicken / rice with chicken / tuna with jacket spud<o:p></o:p>

3.30 - protein bar with fruit<o:p></o:p>

5.00 - Protein shake<o:p></o:p>

6.30 - Eve meal, fish with pots, spag bog, lasagne, something along those lines.<o:p></o:p>

I eat about 4-5 pieces of fruit trough the day.<o:p></o:p>

at the moment I'm natural, but thinking of maybe trying some gear but want a bit of info and check I'm doing the right stuff.<o:p></o:p>

So what you guys and girls think? any suggestions/improvements?<o:p></o:p>

how the 5x5 program sound?<o:p></o:p>

cheers<o:p></o:p>

Jon<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Training looks not bad, mate. You could probably do away with the arm isolation for now. I'd maybe train every 3 days rather than to on that, but thats just me.

Then that way you could pop in for example Dips to hit your chest differently on the next session instead of bench. Means on routine B your triceps will get a good hammering from the dips and OHP w/o isolation. Under arm pull ups also are great for the biceps.

When you say you train chest to failure? Do you mean momentary failure HIT style or you just keep going until you can do no more? With a 5x5, it should only be the 4 and 5 set where your really approaching failure and then thats you done for that exercise.

If it works better for you to do Mon-Wed-Fri you could perhaps to Push/pull/legs?

·
Newbie Trainer
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Gerry, I train until I cant lift no more.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

What is HIT style?<o:p></o:p>

Started this program this week. Didn't want to go to mad starting off but think I may have started a little light. Few weeks will tell.<o:p></o:p>

Must admit my legs are in bits tho&#8230; which is good!<o:p></o:p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.