UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I eat anywhere up to 6 egg yokes a day due to something I heard in the past about 6 being ok anymore than that is bad. What do you lot think to this?

·
Gym Addict
180 Posts
Yep, just eat them.

I used to have 18 whole eggs a day, love them to bits. Hit issues though by picking up an intolerance to them, can't go near the things now, ruin my joints :(

Haven't eaten eggs since last May, praying that my system forgets about the sensitivity at some point!!

·
Newbie Trainer
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tony Barnes said:
Yep, just eat them.

I used to have 18 whole eggs a day, love them to bits. Hit issues though by picking up an intolerance to them, can't go near the things now, ruin my joints :(

Haven't eaten eggs since last May, praying that my system forgets about the sensitivity at some point!!
Case study of how too many yokes can be bad for you then. :thumbup1:

·
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!!!
1,292 Posts
I'm planning on having 5 whole eggs and 3 egg whites for brekky after my show ;0)

My mother aint happy though because of the links with cholesterol and shizzle - I've pointed her to research which provides contrasting evidence - equally, I've promised to have cholesterol tests done etc..

Mothers eh... Aha!

·
Newbie Trainer
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha. I know that feeling bro. I still live with my mother and its very hard explaining some of my diet habits but she was very proud seeing me on stage for the first time so that kinder makes up for it. What show are you competing at dude? You have a real wide back/narrow waist looks impressive.

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
If you eat lots of eggs for more than a week, any constipation you initially experiecnce should disappear.

And as we're learning increasingly, cholesterol is not the enemy it's made out to be.

Stear clear of deadly cholsterol-lowering drugs like statins!

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Tony Barnes said:

This is interesting. What mechanism causes eggs to ruin your joints?

·
Gym Addict
180 Posts
I've got Ankylosing Spondylitis - basically an autoimmune situation. At the time I was eating a lot of eggs I guess I didn't pay enough attention to my gut health, and some undigested protein made it's way into my blood stream. This sensitised my immune system to what it then sees as a foreign body invasion.

In normal folk who get this sensitivities, you get all manner of different reactions (headaches, water retention, joint pain, etc) to a greater or lesser extent. For me it turns an already over-active inflammation pathway up, and my joints get attacked by my body.

The other week I bought some sushi from a supermarket to eat on the way around (EVERY sandwich contained mayonnaise), and ate it without a thought. Only after when I looked at the packet it said contains eggs, brain into gear, there was a tiny bit of tuna mayo in one of the pieces :( Next morning I was in a right load of pain!!

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Prodiver said:
This is interesting. What mechanism causes eggs to ruin your joints?
Now wishing to speak on Tonys behalf but am guessing that he gets joint pain from the protein in the yolks as a result of the intolerance he's developed rather than anything specifically bad for joints about the eggs themselves.

Protein intolerance/allergy development is actually fairly common for many kinds of protein eaten frequently in large amounts - very basically, it occurs when something (often not necessarily related to the protein you become allergic to) causes the epithelial layer of the intestine to thin and therfore allow proteins that are big and slow to digest to enter the bloodstream.

Since the body can only use free form aminos or very small peptides, larger proteins like some of the hard to digest complete dietary proteins, when in the boodstream, cause an immune response to occur to get rid of them in a similar way to that which develops against a virus... in simplistic terms the body develops antibodies against dietary proteins that reach the bloodstream in large amounts, and so causes allegy symptoms.

The more you then eat, the more antibodies you develop and the worse the reaction continues to get.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.