UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys

I'm currently on 5th week of test enth cycle 500pw, Iv ran similar test only cycles before and iv always loved them and libido always through the roof.

This cycle iv had no libido increase at all, infact it seemed to dip.

I got bloods done as I queried if the gear was bunk but test levels seemed to come back OK.

However does my oestradiol level (117pmol/L) not seem too high??? Medichecks have it listed as pretty much in the middle of THEIR expected range (41-159). Is my understanding wrong or surely this is much too high??

I have no other high estrogen related sides other than this low libido.

Iv upped my AI so hopefully that will help but just curious as to what you guys think the E2 should be roughly at, and is this range from Medichecks way off?

Thanks again!

Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Technology

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
Hi guys

I'm currently on 5th week of test enth cycle 500pw, Iv ran similar test only cycles before and iv always loved them and libido always through the roof.

I got bloods done as I queried if the gear was bunk but test levels seemed to come back OK.

However does my oestradiol level (117pmol/L) not seem to high??? Medichecks have it listed as pretty much in the middle of THEIR expected range (41-159). Is my understanding wrong or surely this is much too high??

Iv upped my AI so hopefully that will help but just curious as to what you guys think the E2 should be roughly at, and is this range from Medichecks way off?

Thanks again!

View attachment 198123
Your libido isn't good...

Your oestrogen is in the middle of the range...

You feel it isn't as high as expected....

You've increased your AI...

Unless it's a typo, what were you expecting? Increasing your AI will only lower it. Reduce your AI dose or slowly remove it and libido will improve.

·
Premium Member
12,935 Posts
I'd add to the above that high e2 doesn't necessarily equate to low libido. User specific. I pester my Mrs far more when my e2 is running high. Ideally you want e2 over range and in balance with the rest of your hormones. I've never quite understood why users don't get that when having supraphysiological levels of testosterone it's normal for estrogen to rise as the body seeks homeostasis

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My question is.. is 117pmol/L not much too high for my e2 to be at?

And the range that medichecks have listed (41-159) seems much too high surely?

What would you can preferably want your e2 to be sitting at during cycle.

Any thing I read suggests 117 is too high, hence why I felt the need to introduce the AI

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd add to the above that high e2 doesn't necessarily equate to low libido. User specific. I pester my Mrs far more when my e2 is running high. Ideally you want e2 over range and in balance with the rest of your hormones. I've never quite understood why users don't get that when having supraphysiological levels of testosterone it's normal for estrogen to rise as the body seeks homeostasis
My understanding (bro science) is that e2 to test ratio should be around 1:13-18. I'm not in that range, I would need to lower the e2 or increase test to achieve that.

I know guys here are focusing on "your within range" but this range from medichecks seems quite high, I could be 150pmol/L and still be "within range"

Thanks for all the replies so far

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your libido isn't good...

Your oestrogen is in the middle of the range...

You feel it isn't as high as expected....

You've increased your AI...

Unless it's a typo, what were you expecting? Increasing your AI will only lower it. Reduce your AI dose or slowly remove it and libido will improve.
It's not that my libido just isn't as expected, it is lower (much lower) than normal.

I'm open to all suggestions here, can post the rest of bloods if that helps.

I think the mistake I'm making here is converting test levels in nmol/L to ng/dl and e2 levels from pmol/L to pg/ml with is skewing my understanding of the ratio

E2:117pmol/L = 31pg/ml

Total test: 88nmol/L = 1154ng/dl

This oils put me much lower than the 1:13-18 ratio and suggests I should raise my e2 levels.

I ill stop AI immediately.

How quickly should I expect e2 levels to rise?

Would a short term protocol of hcg eod help restore this sooner?

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
My two cents

• Considering 500mg a week of test 117pmol/l doesnt strike me as high at all. Everyone is different obviously but for me the combination of supraphysiological test levels and e2 in reference range normally gives me low e2 sides (Dry skin/Low libido/Frequent pissing/Constantly dehydrated etc:.). I cant see your tests levels but I can assume that they are most likely quite far above reference range.

• I dont use ratios myself so cant comment on that

• The only side effect you had that could potentially correlate to high e2 was low libido but low libido can also be a low e2 side. For me personally my libido is great when e2 is higher

• When it comes to AI's I normally use them reactively (When high e2 sides occur) rather then preemptively (As soon as cycle starts) because its just too easy to panic based off one symptom and bottom out your e2. If I am ever worried I get bloods done and sometimes use a SERM in the meantime if gyno becomes a potential concern until I get results back.

I would guess your AI dose this time is probably too high

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
It's not that my libido just isn't as expected, it is lower (much lower) than normal.

I'm open to all suggestions here, can post the rest of bloods if that helps.
As I said, reduce your AI.

Look at your testosterone and androgen index. When these are so heavily elevated you need to let estradiol come up too.

Reference ranges are based on averages derived from the 'natural' population. That is the overall balance the body strives for. When you push one hormone up into super-physiological ranges, you need to let the other hormones come up too to maintain the balance.

What ever you current AI dose, halve it. Run that for 10-14 days and see if there is any improvement. If no improvement (there will be), halve it again.

·
Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Hi guys

However does my oestradiol level (117pmol/L) not seem too high??? Medichecks have it listed as pretty much in the middle of THEIR expected range (41-159). Is my understanding wrong or surely this is much too high??

Thanks again!

View attachment 198123
Medichecks "expected range" is not designed for guys injecting 500mg test per week

At 117 your estrogen is most likely too low...don't increase your AI dosage...either halve it or possibly stop it altogether

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
My understanding (bro science) is that e2 to test ratio should be around 1:13-18. I'm not in that range, I would need to lower the e2 or increase test to achieve that.

I know guys here are focusing on "your within range" but this range from medichecks seems quite high, I could be 150pmol/L and still be "within range"

Thanks for all the replies so far
Literally makes no sense. Disregard that notion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Literally makes no sense. Disregard that notion.
Yes mate is see that now.

My problem was I was mixing up pmol/L and pg/ml

So I am infact below that ratio.

I am going to stop the AI. Hopefully things start returning next week.

I appreciate all the replies.

This was my first time ordering bloods (1st time iv felt the need) and therefore I have no experience with interpreting the results.

It's a minefield.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts

This was my first time ordering bloods (1st time iv felt the need) and therefore I have no experience with interpreting the results.

It's a minefield.
Have a look at my previous posts, I've posted blood work with estrogen and test both 5 x the range.
What sides did you experience to run an AI?

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts

It's a minefield.
Don't straight up drop it, taper it off.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
My question is.. is 117pmol/L not much too high for my e2 to be at?

And the range that medichecks have listed (41-159) seems much too high surely?

What would you can preferably want your e2 to be sitting at during cycle.

Any thing I read suggests 117 is too high, hence why I felt the need to introduce the AI
I'd be willing to bet that what your reading has been on American forums/sites. They use different units for e2 117 would be pretty high on their scale

·
Gym Addict
664 Posts
Hi guys

Thanks again!

View attachment 198123
Just purely out of interest what was your total testosterone

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just purely out of interest what was your total testosterone
88nmol/L

This was early enough in the cycle.

I assume it will be higher now.

Strength and physique definitely improved (week 5/6 now) but I'm just not feeling great at all on this cycle, quite disappointing as I always love that feeling of being on.

The gear is rexon and my source has never let me down before.

He usually always provided wattex labs test but this time it's rexon labs, not sure if that's anything to do with it or it's just down to external factors (work/stress/etc)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.