UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still waiting to get HUGE!!!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello people,

I usually have bowl of 50g rolled oats and a protein shake for breakfast, but i jus carnt seem to stomach cooked oats like this as it always bloats me and makes me feel sick.

SO i was wondering if having 50g of uncooked instant oats (i.e ready break) in my protein shake would be as benifitial as eating them seperatly an cooked??

Also another quick question..How are you supposed to know the diffrence between being bloated and haven eaten to much?

Thanks for any replies :thumbup1:

·
UKBFF Scottish Classic Class Champ 2013
2,677 Posts
im using a bagel(with honey) and 5 eggs scrambled

bloated means your belly will be kinda sticking out, as if you have eaten too much, will dye down after a while

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
go for standard rolled oats and put them through a blender to make the finer,ideal for your shake,in fact i use oats for most of my carbs source throughout the day as i just dont get thetime to eat rice/pasta all the time

·
Looking Freaky
772 Posts
Asda Smart Price Oats 57p per kg. make your shake and then weigh the oats out into it, leave in fridge over night so soak.

alternatively use weetabix or shredded wheat or granary toast for a while. or add something to cooked porridge and see if it improves for you, peanut butter/blueberries/honey/chopped banana- depending on your current status and goals.

·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kieren1234 said:
Yeah my-protein sell them, 5kg for £10. This is what i use, they are perfect in shakes, cant even tell they are there.
Ready break are fine oats tho arnt they so there wudent exatly be much diffrence?

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
jakelad said:
so I take it that if there cooked or not then it wudent make any diffrence nutritionaly etc?
makes no difference imo but if your poor/a tight **** like me dont bother with the pre ground oats from bulk supps etc and just go for a tesco/sainsburys cheap brand and blend the yourself,60p ish for a kilo is a no brainer really.

·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joe.b said:
makes no difference imo but if your poor/a tight **** like me dont bother with the pre ground oats from bulk supps etc and just go for a tesco/sainsburys cheap brand and blend the yourself,60p ish for a kilo is a no brainer really.
:thumbup1:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
my morning shake is liquid egg whites, total protein, oats and teaspoon of coffee. its so thick its like drinking rice pudding lol tastes pretty good though and does the job

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
jakelad said:
Ello people,

I usually have bowl of 50g rolled oats and a protein shake for breakfast, but i jus carnt seem to stomach cooked oats like this as it always bloats me and makes me feel sick.

SO i was wondering if having 50g of uncooked instant oats (i.e ready break) in my protein shake would be as benifitial as eating them seperatly an cooked??

Also another quick question..How are you supposed to know the diffrence between being bloated and haven eaten to much?

Thanks for any replies :thumbup1:
50g isnt that much oats mate, are you sure you aren't lactose or gluten intolerant?

Try this: For one morning buy a litre of Lactofree milk £1.26 Use this in the shake and on your cereal, bloated? If not, then you know its lactose and you should use lactose free milk substitutes. If you are bloated still then try Gluten Free oats one morning (available sainsburys and Tescos), they are expensive £2.99 for 500g, but worth trying to narrow down your problem. If you have bloating still, then its unlikely to be a food intolerance but something else, perhaps just total volume of food?, If not then you are Gluten intolerant my friend and I pity you as wheat is in everything, often just as a contaminant.

SD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.