UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Numb arms when sleeping

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  mikex101 
#1 ·
This is becoming a really annoying problem. I wake several times in the night with a numb arm. My body is obviously waking my in order to address the issue. Obviously blood flow is being restricted but I cant seem to rectify it. I normally sleep on my front with one arm by my side and the other facing upwards. Regualrly wake with the upward facing one numb despite it being in a comfortable position and certainly not restricted. I sleep on my side sometimes as well but thats even worse which makes sense as my entire weight is on the arm. I just can't sleep on my back at all

Its started becoming a real problem in the last 12 months. Ive been around the same weight now for many years so don't think weight gain is to blame. My blood pressure is at the high end of normal, but still within normal range.

I remember speaking to a friend about it and he has the same problem iirc. Can't remember much of the conversation though! Means I never sleep through and normally wake a minimum of 3 times in the night.

Any ideas?

#11 ·
its where your heads on your arm and it cuts the blood flow to your arm, thats why it goes numb, like pins n needles!!!

ive had both arms stuck underneath the pillow before and could not roll over onto my back, thought i was going to suffocate myself lol!!!

#13 ·
adlewar said:
might be a mile off the mark, but it could be poor circulation, so 1/2 an aspirin a day could help............

i had it years ago, and sure thats what i took for a while..........
That thought did cross my mind actually.

Might be worth a try for a week or so.

On a few meds as it is so will just check theres no contraindications first

G
#20 ·
Only thing that fixes it for me is losing weight IB. At the mo i get it all the time, dont wake up much with it but cant feel my hads for 5 mins when i do wake up.

Pumping my grip helps to shake it off but wont stop you waking up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.