UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Acquired taste
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is becoming a really annoying problem. I wake several times in the night with a numb arm. My body is obviously waking my in order to address the issue. Obviously blood flow is being restricted but I cant seem to rectify it. I normally sleep on my front with one arm by my side and the other facing upwards. Regualrly wake with the upward facing one numb despite it being in a comfortable position and certainly not restricted. I sleep on my side sometimes as well but thats even worse which makes sense as my entire weight is on the arm. I just can't sleep on my back at all

Its started becoming a real problem in the last 12 months. Ive been around the same weight now for many years so don't think weight gain is to blame. My blood pressure is at the high end of normal, but still within normal range.

I remember speaking to a friend about it and he has the same problem iirc. Can't remember much of the conversation though! Means I never sleep through and normally wake a minimum of 3 times in the night.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,941 Posts
i get it all the time,and numb legs too,got up off my computer chairthe other night and fell over,leg was dead as a doornail.nothing to worry about though,i think lol.

·
Acquired taste
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mal said:
i get it all the time,and numb legs too,got up off my computer chairthe other night and fell over,leg was dead as a doornail.nothing to worry about though,i think lol.
Yeah i get numb legs if I sit awkwardly on sofa. Im not worried about it as such but its just affectting my quality of sleep.

·
young , dumb and full of cum
3,448 Posts
Wow I don't get it that often but I do suffer with it. Had both arms stuck under the pillow before now that was pretty scary lol. can't help as to what it is but be interested to see if anyone else does.

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Irish Beast said:
Don't use either but cheers for that. Will have a google
Those diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensations in the arm, which may extend to the shoulder and neck area; these feelings are more prevalent at night due to various sleeping positions

·
almost there but almost knackered
2,763 Posts
might be a mile off the mark, but it could be poor circulation, so 1/2 an aspirin a day could help............

i had it years ago, and sure thats what i took for a while..........

·
Gym Addict
353 Posts
its where your heads on your arm and it cuts the blood flow to your arm, thats why it goes numb, like pins n needles!!!

ive had both arms stuck underneath the pillow before and could not roll over onto my back, thought i was going to suffocate myself lol!!!

·
young , dumb and full of cum
3,448 Posts
hayz said:
its where your heads on your arm and it cuts the blood flow to your arm, thats why it goes numb, like pins n needles!!!

ive had both arms stuck underneath the pillow before and could not roll over onto my back, thought i was going to suffocate myself lol!!!
that's exactly what I had. scary s hit lol

·
Acquired taste
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
adlewar said:
might be a mile off the mark, but it could be poor circulation, so 1/2 an aspirin a day could help............

i had it years ago, and sure thats what i took for a while..........
That thought did cross my mind actually.

Might be worth a try for a week or so.

On a few meds as it is so will just check theres no contraindications first

·
Acquired taste
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hayz said:

Well I wasnt worried until I read that!

·
chasing that one last rep.
3,436 Posts
i've been getting this quite regular now, i'm also getting pins and needles in my right hand when riding to work on the bike-though i was just gripping the throttle to tight but seems to be something else.

G

·
Only thing that fixes it for me is losing weight IB. At the mo i get it all the time, dont wake up much with it but cant feel my hads for 5 mins when i do wake up.

Pumping my grip helps to shake it off but wont stop you waking up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.