UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,855 Posts
Thank you @Sasnak, I think you'd still fit the criteria to participate as that wasn't quite a year ago. If some of the questions do not directly apply to you (i.e., very recent use of gear), then please answer as best you can. I really appreciate you taking the time to read the post and hopefully take part.
I started it but cannot remember a lot of the answers given I first used gear the best part of 30 years ago so I bailed. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
@Zoob1234 I was doing the questionnaire but then lost interest as alot of the questions are basically the same question asked in a different way so I stopped doing them. You'd be much better off just having maybe 5-10 questions and more people would take part. They're also set out in a negative way as to demonize the user. They're all about either negative physical conditions or symptoms we may have had through use or mental conditions they might have caused. I personally live a healthy life and my one 'vice' you could call it, is to use gear to enhance my training. You should go after the majority of the population (the fatties) if you want to demonize anybody not some people who use a bit gear to enhance their training

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's what they say, but happy where I am. That said, I could discuss the physiological effects of hard core All in One Protein powders that bring me out in spots.... 😋
I'll happily quizz you on that..... the ones I am using give me the worst gas I've had in years, having to use vegan blends atm :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
646 Posts
I'll happily quizz you on that..... the ones I am using give me the worst gas I've had in years, having to use vegan blends atm :rolleyes:
It's some allergy with me, never bothered me once, vegan aren't to bad but I had to stop using them. It's the concentration I think. Some are bad for gas, all in ones are, but I've read good whey is OK. Don't know which ones you have used, but Whey isolate should be OK, even lactose intolerant can use that (supposedly).

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It's some allergy with me, never bothered me once, vegan aren't to bad but I had to stop using them. It's the concentration I think. Some are bad for gas, all in ones are, but I've read good whey is OK. Don't know which ones you have used, but Whey isolate should be OK, even lactose intolerant can use that (supposedly).
Yeah it's hard to find a good one. I'm lactose intolerant which is a biatch to try and find a good powder. Vegan ones aren't great at mixing, have the "I've just eaten a mouthful of sand" feel, but help a little. Found the whey ones to be the worst if I'm honest.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,120 Posts
Hi guys,

I am conducting another study as part of my PhD at the University of Birmingham, looking at physical and psychological factors that accompany use of anabolic steroids within weight training communities. If you are 18 years old or older, have used anabolic steroids in the last 12-months, and are interested, please feel free to click the link to learn more and/or to take part.

Psychological Factors Associated with the Use of Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids

This anonymous survey takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. There is a chance to win a £15 Amazon voucher if you wish to take part in a follow up survey. All data will be stored in accordance with GDPR regulations and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.

We are aiming to use the data to provide information to harm reduction services to help improve the services they offer to those who use anabolic steroids.

If you have any feedback or issues with the survey, please feel free to message me.

Cheers,

Barny
I got to the bit where it started asking about cycles in last year and didnt know how to answer as its been pretty much a cruise for the last x amount of years.

i didnt continue as i dont want to skew your results.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got to the bit where it started asking about cycles in last year and didnt know how to answer as its been pretty much a cruise for the last x amount of years.

i didnt continue as i dont want to skew your results.
Thank you for taking the time to have a go. If you can face the survey again you're welcome to answer that question with a 1. But I appreciate it's a bit of a ball ache to go back again.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Zoob1234 I was doing the questionnaire but then lost interest as alot of the questions are basically the same question asked in a different way so I stopped doing them. You'd be much better off just having maybe 5-10 questions and more people would take part. They're also set out in a negative way as to demonize the user. They're all about either negative physical conditions or symptoms we may have had through use or mental conditions they might have caused. I personally live a healthy life and my one 'vice' you could call it, is to use gear to enhance my training. You should go after the majority of the population (the fatties) if you want to demonize anybody not some people who use a bit gear to enhance their training
Thank you for taking a look at the survey, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Yes, some of the questions are a little repetitive in that way, we are trying to refine some measures that are already being used to make sure the right questions are being asked. I'm sorry to hear that the items appeared to be worded like that, that isn't the intention at all. I really value your feedback and am grateful for the time you guys have taken so far with this survey. You guys are and will remain the experts on this topic and I happy to learn from you all. I would very much like to be involved with harm reduction work once the PhD is over. To eventually teach modules to the health sector as many in healthcare know very little and/or stigmatising information about steroids. I'd very much like to help correct this, so that we can improve the harm reduction services that are currently available. So I am very open to constructive feedback.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,120 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to have a go. If you can face the survey again you're welcome to answer that question with a 1. But I appreciate it's a bit of a ball ache to go back again.
Not a ball ache at all mate, karting bags of cement up a flight of stairs is a ball ache, sitting on my arse clicking my finger is 50% of my cardio for the day :D

·
Gym Addict
3,120 Posts
Hi guys,

I am conducting another study as part of my PhD at the University of Birmingham, looking at physical and psychological factors that accompany use of anabolic steroids within weight training communities. If you are 18 years old or older, have used anabolic steroids in the last 12-months, and are interested, please feel free to click the link to learn more and/or to take part.

This anonymous survey takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. There is a chance to win a £15 Amazon voucher if you wish to take part in a follow up survey. All data will be stored in accordance with GDPR regulations and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.

We are aiming to use the data to provide information to harm reduction services to help improve the services they offer to those who use anabolic steroids.

If you have any feedback or issues with the survey, please feel free to message me.

Cheers,

Barny
Do you want to know who my dealer is as well ?

·
Premium Member
12,855 Posts
In my gym 6.30 catches the before work rush, were as 8 is really quiet until the after 9.30 dropped the kid's off group arrive. A fair few ummie mummies, so not all bad.
Yeah. Got there at 6.30. Fairly quiet by normal standards but a few in. Place was empty when I went to shower at 7.30ish

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Hi guys,

Cheers,

Barny
In 2021 how are you legally allowed to get away with the ‘demographic’ parameters. It was enough to prevent me from going any further. Like some dinosaur designed it

21 - 40 of 44 Posts