UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am conducting another study as part of my PhD at the University of Birmingham, looking at physical and psychological factors that accompany use of anabolic steroids within weight training communities. If you are 18 years old or older, have used anabolic steroids in the last 12-months, and are interested, please feel free to click the link to learn more and/or to take part.

Psychological Factors Associated with the Use of Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids

This anonymous survey takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. There is a chance to win a £15 Amazon voucher if you wish to take part in a follow up survey. All data will be stored in accordance with GDPR regulations and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.

We are aiming to use the data to provide information to harm reduction services to help improve the services they offer to those who use anabolic steroids.

If you have any feedback or issues with the survey, please feel free to message me.

Cheers,

Barny

·
Premium Member
12,810 Posts
I’ll happily complete it but I am not entirely sure when I last used steroids. I don’t recall exactly when the gyms shut for the second time last year. I haven’t used any steroids since whenever that was

·
Premium Member
12,810 Posts
I thought you was getting back on? You not bothered now?
I just haven’t got round to it mate. Got made redundant 30 September and starting a new job 3 weeks ago is my latest excuse but tbh I have plenty of time to train. I just keep going down the pub. Strangely I have just dug my gym bag out of the car and sorted it out. I do office work and have worked from home for the last 16 years but I’m back on a department now so I’m going to train before work in the morning. For years I have been going up in the daytime but I have been in twice after work and turned around and walked out again as there were too many people. I probably need to change gyms too.

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,445 Posts
I just haven’t got round to it mate. Got made redundant 30 September and starting a new job 3 weeks ago is my latest excuse but tbh I have plenty of time to train. I just keep going down the pub. Strangely I have just dug my gym bag out of the car and sorted it out. I do office work and have worked from home for the last 16 years but I’m back on a department now so I’m going to train before work in the morning. For years I have been going up in the daytime but I have been in twice after work and turned around and walked out again as there were too many people. I probably need to change gyms too.
I can't stand training in a gym during busy hours. I'd rather train at home than do that.

In the morning gyms can be busy as well as lots of people now go before work but not as busy as the evening.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Done. A lot of the questions felt repetitive and also in some cases totally irrelevant and no option to select "does not apply" (questions about doping in sports)
Thank you, I appreciate that some of the questions are a little repetitive. A part of this study is to condense the longer measures.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ll happily complete it but I am not entirely sure when I last used steroids. I don’t recall exactly when the gyms shut for the second time last year. I haven’t used any steroids since whenever that was
Thank you @Sasnak, I think you'd still fit the criteria to participate as that wasn't quite a year ago. If some of the questions do not directly apply to you (i.e., very recent use of gear), then please answer as best you can. I really appreciate you taking the time to read the post and hopefully take part.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,379 Posts
Excuse me mate speak for yourself! I'm well known for working up to bench pressing the pink Davina McCall dumbells for a set of 4!
I once caught the tail end of an infomercial for her workout DVD - does that class me as a noob/gym bunnie?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts