UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on roaccutane at the moment, 35mg each day.

I know nosebleeds are a common side affect but is there anything to help reduce them?

I've been on it for about 3-4 weeks & had my first last night, woke up about 1 this morning thinking I had a runny nose, kept wiping it, turned the light on & everything was covered in blood, just got another now, covered again & got a bung up my nose :cursing:

It's been going on for about 10 mins & was still flowing fast a few minutes ago when I put a new bung in.

Is there anything I can take which helps blood clot faster?

Or is it best just to leave them?

Cheers

James

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
dmcc said:
There's not much you can do. Are you taking anything that thins the blood, such as aspirin? If it's becoming a huge issue, you should talk to your GP about possible cautery.
Agree with the above,however,i also don't think Roaccutane should cause what you describe as heavy bleeding,more light to moderate due to the lining of the nose becoming dry and easily aggravated.

While bleeding,lean head forward and pinch the soft/fleshy part of your nose and hold firm for at least 5 mins to encourage clotting.If the flow persists for more than 30mins attend casualty

·
Looking Freaky
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

I have had some paracetamol lately due to having a cold thats been going around.

It lasted about 15-20 mins & I pulled the bung out which was followed by a string of clotted blood about 1.5 inch long.

If/when I suffer any more I will lean forward & see if it makes any differance, I have been leaning back. Mum's made he have towels in the bed tonight as she doesnt want towash everything again if I have another one tonight :lol:

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
whilst on roacc you will learn to appriciate a good nose bleed mate

i woke one time in the early hours feeling really sick, i realised there was stuff all over my face so put the light on and saw red everywhere, i went to the bathroom and looked

it was in my hair, on both shoulders, all over my face, on my knees, on my sheets, on my pillows, on the floor, all over my arms, on my hands

i was mighty impressed, this was by far the worst one i had though the rest didnt even wake me up

i was lucky as i only had one bad one while i was awake, it was after work (when i did the doors) and i was having a pint and it started gushing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.