UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
711 Posts
freddee said:
I have wanted to go to this for some time and keep missing it I only live in Winsford, I know a lad who is competing, can you give me any info of times...
novice are on the sunday and the opens on monday, start arouind 11am both days. Held at moss farm northwich, have a look at 'uk strongman north' for more details :)

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 burgers 1 ice cream and sunburnt head! not a bad day lol oh and the show wasnt to bad either, just wish it was organized a bit better

·
Looking Freaky
867 Posts
my comp write up

Well the day ran really smoothly, the crew worked really hard resetting very quickly i was also impressed by the guy on the mic thought he did really well.

as for the events 1st up was the truck pull, got it moving really quickly but i hit the incline an i just lost all power in my legs got about 10.5m and came 8th .

next up was the deadlift medley, 250kg axle went up easy 270kg again flew up the first van went up after a bit of a fumble with the straps I ran out of time with the 2nd van by the time i'd put the straps on but i did the 3 in the quickest time so came 5th

next up was the conans, well **** knows wat happened here i picked it up and it felt light so i went off quite quick with it, then after a few metres i went really dizzy and dropped it I really thought i was gonna pass out!anyway came 2nd last on this event

after the break was the viking press, I wasn't looking forward to this event as pressing has never been a real strong point for me, but it felt really light i banged out 12 reps and stopped for a rest but i stopped in the bottom position and held it too low and couldn't get another rep out, if it was a push press i'd have had no problem and could have carried on and got another 3+ reps.

next event was probably the most brutal event i've seen at a strongman comp the car walk 390kg i think the first 5 competitors hadn't even been able to clear the start line. I was 9th out and the distance to beat was 9m, well i picked it up and thought i may as well give up now, it was so awkward. Well anyway i carried on an managed to get about 5m before i realised the back of the car was dragging on the ground which was making it harder i adjusted my straps and it went ok i got the next 5m done but i was done in. I got a distance of just over 10m it was enough to take the lead but it was short lived the next competitor went 14m then colin mark and ed finished the course so 5th place

last event was the stones my favourite event an one i was banking on for some good points i flew round the course in a good time but stopped to re tacky before the last stone, looking back now i don't think i needed to an lost myself valuable seconds came 4th in this event which gave me 6th overall.

I was pretty pleased with my placing as there was a strong field there today but i learned some valuable lessons which i'll try to change for the future, I

would like to say well done to all the guys who competed today some really gutsy performances

·
Looking Freaky
711 Posts
My comp write up

First event was truck pull, first time pulling anything of this weight so was not to sure what to expect. Went well got past the first 'dip' at around 10m which seamed to catch everyone else before out, then stalled just before the end where there seamed to be another 'dip'. Finished joint second with 19.8m, with Mark Felix wining with 19.9m!! This turned out to be my best event of the day.

Second event was deadlift which should have been my best event. First 250 axle went up easy, then decided to try and do the second 270 axle without straps to save time 'first mistake' I think the first event had taken a lot out of my grip so dont think it even left the ground. Got straps on then lifted easy but had wasted a lot of time, then the first van had a problem with straps again but once strapped up went up easy, this left me with only just enough time to run over to second van and no time to attempt lift. This was the event I was most disappointed with through the day. Not sure of position but would say around mid table.

Third event Conan's, not and event Ive had much practice on, picked it up then stumbled back wards think I was stood to far forward on the pick up anyway after going back about a meter managed to recover and get around a turn and a quarter/half. Think I ended up in the top half of table on this event so fairly happy.

Fourth event was viking press managed 12 reps on this but had 2 reps dis aloud for not locking out 'apparently' which was a bit disappointing as had it not beenfor this would of probably been third, as it was had to settle for fourth.

Fifth event car walk again another event I had not done before, was a very awkward piece of equipment very hard to balance, anyway think I managed to get to 19m only a meter short of distance but had nothing left for that last one. The next three lads managed to finish the course Felix with a time of 20 something seconds he virtually ran with the thing lol. So this pushed me back to fourth in this event.

sixth event was the stones. I was joint fourth going into this event but I had the advantage as the lad I was joint with went before me and had managed four stones so I knew that I only had to load five stones to be sure of fourth place. After a bit of trouble with the first (thought was going to have another nightmare event lol) managed to get all five up, not a quick time but getting the five up was enough.

So ended up in fourth overall which I think was a fair result overall. Happy with this as I said would of been happy with top five before comp. But little disapointed as had a couple of events gone my way (no one to blame but myself for one at least) could of challenged for third spot. All in all a good day with a good bunch of lads and plenty of valuable experience gained, and no injuries which is allways a bonus :) .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.